Tank glass shifting slowly.

jc_k

Market
Reaction score
So I just noticed while inspecting my tank the the glass is shifting off the seams!! It literally is sliding off the seams. I haven't noticed leaks and I don't know how long it's been like this.Ill try to post some pics when I get home. Will the tank be ok?

Lol.nope. Actaully when my friends come over I don't let them touch the tank :D

Structural damage in the stand due to humidity and leveled improperly. Just a guess. :D

Sent from my LG-LS860 using Tapatalk

if what you say is correct, i'd be getting the water out of it asap. just my $.02

I honestly don't have anywhere to out anything. And I can really afford another tank. Is it exspensive to get tanks resealed?

I guess I can have a Rubbermaid tank for awhile. We are actually contacting the person we got the tank from to see if it was like this when we bought it incase I didn't see it.

What size tank is this? Who is it made by (are there any stickers on the tank.. i.e. center brace)?
Chris

Not and stickers that I know of. It's a 92gallon corner.

Yeah, if it is noticeable, you need to take it down yesterday.

All tanks fail in time. Maybe it's just old.

So I talked to my mom about it we called the person that we bought it from. He said that it was a little even but barley noticeable so it's defiantly changed in the last year we have had it. My mom has been on a very VERY right budget and so she going to try to work something out with letting someone stay at her rental beach house for a tank. I really hope it holds up for a month... Or possibly two.. Worst case we have to move everything into a Rubbermaid.

So basically It's really hard to take a pic of it because of it's it right next to a wall.. So I tried my best.

The sliding of the side pane of glass starts at the small dot at the bottom of the pic and it stops at the second dot. You can kind of see the black silicone on the edge of the sliding price of glass ( and this affectd all the other edges if the tank to.)

Sorry if the pictire is hard to make out.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
957165=53965-image.jpg
>
957165=53965-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I'll try and get some better pics tomoorow when it's actually light outside.

Doh... and I think the PETCO "$ a gallon" sale event ended in the last month or so!

Might want to look around at the Fish Store's back area... they usually have at least one deeply discounted tank or two on hand.

If that's doing what I think its doing you do bot have long.... Can't believe its holding up at this point.

I have an 85 gallon Rubbermaid your welcome to use it you need it.

If you have any Vortech pumps, I would recommend turning them off to minimize vibration as much as possible. Not sure what type of filtration system you have but another suggestion would be to bring down the water level in the tank (below where the shifting was initiated). That will decrease the pressure on the aquarium walls. But if your stand is off-balance to begin with, I'm not sure I would recommend lowering the water level. In that case, the outward pressure exerted by the existing volume of water may be preventing the aquarium wall(s) from buckling inwards...at least in that section. But my suggestions regarding altering the volume of water is based on an educated guess on my part, not experience. Just throwing it out there hoping someone with much more experience can either validate it or shoot it down as a bad one based on prior experience/knowledge. Hoping it turns out well for you....

Back