Tank glass shifting slowly.

I'm not an expert in glass tank manufacturing, but I had work in a glass company. Every tank or almost all glass tank has a silicon layer in between each joint, just where the flat surface of the glass meet the next wall, If this tank is being shiffting walls is mandatory to separate each wall and reseal it properly, not just cut the flat joints meaning cut and the sides of the wall, cut, separate each wall and reseall is the process, not just as easy as is looks.

I wouldn't be trying to sell a tank that is going to be reseal the improper way knowing that the tank could be ending on a family with kids, on the other side, I WOULN'T buy a tank that is not being inspected properly.

Would you be trying to sell it after thinking about this?

You guys have started giving me nightmares.
Seriously, I had a dream that there was a little fracture in my glass. As I was looking at it, it started growing and growing.

joseayes;957465 wrote: I'm not an expert in glass tank manufacturing, but I had work in a glass company. Every tank or almost all glass tank has a silicon layer in between each joint, just where the flat surface of the glass meet the next wall, If this tank is being shiffting walls is mandatory to separate each wall and reseal it properly, not just cut the flat joints meaning cut and the sides of the wall, cut, separate each wall and reseall is the process, not just as easy as is looks.

I wouldn't be trying to sell a tank that is going to be reseal the improper way knowing that the tank could be ending on a family with kids, on the other side, I WOULN'T buy a tank that is not being inspected properly.

Would you be trying to sell it after thinking about this?

+1 agree totally

Well he's taking the whole tank apart. Don't really know if that makes a difference.

Wait is that what you were saying is it has to be completely resealed?

jdavid;957436 wrote: we've got people building tanks out of coffee tables and pressboard, i'm sure you could get something just for the glass</em>

lol!

The club doesn't ban many, so when it does, it speaks volumes.

Glad to hear you're getting everything out of the tank. Sometimes failures happen for any number of reasons. Faulty stands are one of the major causes. Sometimes, feces just happens. Good that you've caught it early enough so it didn't wreck your house.

Now it's time to start planning that upgrade! :)

If the tank is being taken apart, then resealed correctly, there should be no problem with selling it. As a matter of fact, it would make a used tank more desirable to me as a potential Buyer, knowing it had all new silicone.

The fact that the person doing it was banned from the ARC would not deter me from buying the tank, as long as they did a good job on the reseal.

Ask more for the tank if the work is good.

Acroholic;957601 wrote: If the tank is being taken apart, then resealed correctly, there should be no problem with selling it. As a matter of fact, it would make a used tank more desirable to me as a potential Buyer, knowing it had all new silicone.

The fact that the person doing it was banned from the ARC would not deter me from buying the tank, as long as they did a good job on the reseal.

Ask more for the tank if the work is good.

That's because you're shady. Or you're the one that actually did the banning!!! :D

Skriz;957614 wrote: That's because you're shady. Or you're the one that actually did the banning!!! :D

LOL. So he said he was taking the whole tnak apart and he has done it before successfully... Hopefully

Anyone know how long you should leak test it?

JDavid;957436 wrote: We've got people building tanks out of coffee tables and pressboard, I'm sure you could get something just for the glass</em>

Bgcoop8784;957437 wrote: I just spit Dr. pepper on my laptop.

Ditto...cleaning red wine from Ipad now:doh:

I could only do temporary banning as a Mod. Any Permabans came from the BOD!

Back