Tank glass shifting slowly.

Ok thanks guys for everything. I'm going to be watching the tank for the next couple of day to see if it gets any worse. And I have a sump so it would be almost impossible to lowers the water level without stopping the sump from running and I have a hydor Korea pump. And yes the top is pushing out

Can you throw some duct tape on there permanently until you get a new tank?
If the Army can use it to repair rotor blades on a helicopter, then it should hold your tank together for a bit. Maybe relieve some of the pressure. Do a couple of strips around the top of the glass panes. .

Never to young to learn the wonderful benefits of duct tape. A coworker once repaired a punctured tire with duct tape, it held air and let her make it to the tire store :)

JC_k;957210 wrote: Ok thanks guys for everything. I'm going to be watching the tank for the next couple of day to see if it gets any worse. And I have a sump so it would be almost impossible to lowers the water level without stopping the sump from running and I have a hydor Korea pump. And yes the top is pushing out

It was hard to make out from the picture, but from the sounds of it, you may not have a couple of days. This is one of those scenarios where 1 pound of prevention is worth ten tons of cure.

Take someone up on the tote. Move your livestock now. Dunno what kind of floor the tank is sitting on, but cleaning up 90 gallons of salt water is not fun. Other than an electrical fire, a tank bust is one of the worst aquarium disasters....

Sounds like the tank was not level on installation on your end. If you have had the tank set up for a year, then I would double check for a level install when you either replace this one or set it up again after it has been resealed. I would not look to the previous owner for answers to the issue.

Now that I'm on a real computer and can see the picture... gah!

Another vote for getting a few rounds of duct tape around the top & lay your hands on a large food grade plastic tub pronto. There's no shame in going ghetto for a few weeks/months if it prevents the impending disaster you've got looming there.

So the guy that we bought the tank from is going to reseal it. Then I'm going to do a 72hour leak test and try to sell it as he's re-sealing it for free and we kind of need a bigger tank...

Thanks guys but I believe he's bring a big storage container to use, and plus you guys are a littlep far from me.

He's not actually that nice. He actaully use to be a member here but got kiked off of it for some reason. When he set up our tank I basically new nothing about saltwater. And he cuts a lot of corners when setting tanks up. He's actaully kind of rude and thinks he's a "know it all".

jc_k;957401 wrote: then i'm going to do a 72hour leak test and try to sell it as he's re-sealing it for free and we kind of need a bigger tank...

jc_k;957401 wrote: he's not actually that nice. He actaully use to be a member here but got kiked off of it for some reason. When he set up our tank i basically new nothing about saltwater. and he cuts a lot of corners when setting tanks up. He's actaully kind of rude and thinks he's a "know it all".

buyer beware

My thought exactly.

Him fixing it for free is pretty nice.

Good luck buddy. I may have a 90 in storage I can probably give you

I think we may have found a tank. But thanks for the offer. And yes I am going to try to sell it. I'll probably just post a link to this thread when I sell it even though it will discourage people from buying it. It's been a really nice tank I'm just ready for something a little bigger now.

What would be a good price to sell it at? I honestly have no clue what it's going to be worth once re-sealed.

We've got people building tanks out of coffee tables and pressboard, I'm sure you could get something just for the glass</em>

jc_k;957424 wrote: what would be a good price to sell it at? I honestly have no clue what it's going to be worth once re-sealed.

View attachment 54017
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
957450=54017-I+m+willing+to+bet+tree+fiddy+_55b05b3ac8d97b55b9f418ede2d87d7b.png
>
957450=54017-I+m+willing+to+bet+tree+fiddy+_55b05b3ac8d97b55b9f418ede2d87d7b.png
class="gc-images" title="I+m+willing+to+bet+tree+fiddy+_55b05b3ac8d97b55b9f418ede2d87d7b.png[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Back