Tank Move Help Alpharetta

If it comes in on sat I could always drive up and help let me know the date, the earlier the better gettin hot outside now

Yeah...it isn't going to make it. Now I'm looking at July 11th when I return from vacation. I really wanted it before I left.... disappointed 😞

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
They are going to hold it in storage until then. It should arrive on Sat, but we are heading out that morn

No...I think they just didn't manage the shipping very well honestly. Then they shipped it too late to reach here on time. It was only picked up from Calgary on Monday. It is scheduled to arrive in ATL this coming Mon but I will be gone...so they gotta hold it

Im still available to help them too. But dang that sucks!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Torqued;1089053 wrote: No...I think they just didn't manage the shipping very well honestly. Then they shipped it too late to reach here on time. It was only picked up from Calgary on Monday. It is scheduled to arrive in ATL this coming Mon but I will be gone...so they gotta hold it

The member that loaned me the cups is a good guy and he hasn't been in a hurry to get them back. Unless that changes I'll hang on to them a little longer and return them right after moving your tank.

anit77;1089070 wrote: The member that loaned me the cups is a good guy and he hasn't been in a hurry to get them back. Unless that changes I'll hang on to them a little longer and return them right after moving your tank.
Awesome. I don't know for certain if the cups will be needed or not the day it arrives. I will talk to the freight company and see if they will put both crates in my garage. Then when I'm ready to put the tank in place I may have to use them. It looks like the entire package is 500lbs...which includes the steel stand, sump, tank, 2x cp40s.

With the 3/4" glass I'd guess the tank is probably 390ish pounds. My 220 with a 16mm bottom was 360. Either way it's heavy. The cups will make an exact placement on the stand a lot easier.

anit77;1089155 wrote: With the 3/4" glass I'd guess the tank is probably 390ish pounds. My 220 with a 16mm bottom was 360. Either way it's heavy. The cups will make an exact placement on the stand a lot easier.
**** that's heavy!

I was estimating on the light side, maybe a little too light...
Don't know how accurate this calculator is but it's saying 473#
https://www.hamzasreef.com/Contents/Calculators/TankWeight.php">https://www.hamzasreef.com/Contents/Calculators/TankWeight.php</a>

I can't see how the tank, sump & stand only weights 500#. I would think more like 600-650# or more.
Everyone needs to eat their Wheaties that day ;)

I'm not too far away in Suwanee and I work in Cumming so I'd be happy to assist when the time comes.

anit77;1089461 wrote: I was estimating on the light side, maybe a little too light...
Don't know how accurate this calculator is but it's saying 473#
https://www.hamzasreef.com/Contents/Calculators/TankWeight.php">https://www.hamzasreef.com/Contents/Calculators/TankWeight.php</a>

I can't see how the tank, sump & stand only weights 500#. I would think more like 600-650# or more.
Everyone needs to eat their Wheaties that day ;)[/QUOTE]
Wow...yeah it's possible that weight is for the tank crate alone. There are two crates I think.

I will have to call to schedule the delivery, so I am hoping to do it Mon or Tuesday the 11th or 12th

Just give me a heads up a few days before hand and I'll be there.

I moved a 220 about 10-12 times in the six months leading up to my install. 7 of them were within 3 days at the beginning of June. I had no problem handling one side by myself through most of it. With your tank I can probably do one side through doorways and such but beyond that I'll need another body on my end. I'd say plan for at least 5 people to be safe. A few more suction cups wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I'm hoping the delivery guy can get it into my garage, then I can worry about getting people to help move it in when ready

Check with the dispatcher at the carrier. They'll be able to tell you. Ask if they're going to deliver it in a straight truck or if it's going to be a semi. I'm sure either way it'll have a liftgate, it's just a semi won't be able to get into your driveway.
Ask specifically if the driver can get the crates into your garage. I don't think it'll be a problem but if it is I can swing by and drop off a pallet jack next weekend.

Unfortunately my driveway is pretty **** steep....it could be a challenge either way...even with a jack...pushing/pulling it up the drive is going to be fun...but yes I will check to see if they will help get it in the garage

I have a warehouse in Lawrenceville right by Sugarloaf Mills and I drive a full size pickup. If you want you can have the everything delivered here and I can bring it over when you're ready to move it in.

I would say leave it at the terminal and we could go pick it up buy from my experience things left at trucking terminals for any length of time have a higher instance of getting damaged. There's forklifts flying around 24/7 as freight gets comes in and gets loaded out, the fewer times they have to handle it the better.

Back