That "Oh ****" moment when...

Shawn

Market
Reaction score
You accidentally suck up your two/soon-to-be-three headNew York Nicks torch while doing a water change and it loses half its tentacles....

I dipped in Coral RX and am praying for the best... It looks rough :(

I hope it pulls through for ya. I have way to many moments like that myself

I was acclimating a new fish the other day (damsel) and wanted to spill some of the water out of the bag and holy s#! +...the fish goes down the drain!

Wasted no time pulling the trap and there he was...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was acclimating a new fish the other day (damsel) and wanted to spill some of the water out of the bag and holy shit...the fish goes down the drain!

Wasted no time pulling the trap and there he was...
that's awesome that you were able to save him!! :D

You're playing with your new light and your kiddo starts crying... Next thing you know... you left it on 100% for a couple hours and burnt your SPS.
Oooof. Were they able to recover?

xferring water in to a brute for water change day. I run a hose from my water room in the garage to the brute which is on wheels & in the house. Standing in the kitchen talking to Tish - she has water running in the sink but something about the running water sounds a little odd.

DOH! - forgot I was xferring water. "Alexa - STOP TRANSFERRING WATER".

Went through every beach towel we have in the house on that one.

This is a very good thread so I or we beginners can learn from y’all mistakes. A smart person learns from their mistakes. A wise person learns from others. Darn, I think I may be only smart then : / haha

... your a noob and are running your rodi filling a brute can the first time, then fall asleep. The second time is even better. o_O

Needless to say the floor in my old basement was pretty damn clean for a while.

So not as major as others but so annoying..
When you are opening your 3rd phosphate reagent packet because the Hanna checker timed out...again... before you could see the reading because you got caught up doing something else.
Happens every single time. Need an audible alarm on those checkers

So not as major as others but so annoying..
When you are opening your 3rd phosphate reagent packet because the Hanna checker timed out...again... before you could see the reading because you got caught up doing something else.
Happens every single time. Need an audible alarm on those checkers
Been there done that.

Pro tip.
1. Pre-prep the packet before even starting the test, scrape the seams with a piece of the packet you cut off too.
2. Start with a clean vial, no smudges. Handle the vial with a terry cloth or micro fiber towel from this point forward.
3. After you pull the vial out from the 1st step you've got 2 minutes to hold the button in to start the timer. As soon as you get ALL the reagent in the vial hold down the button to start the timer.
4. Shake the crap out of the vial for one minute then use the next 30 seconds to a minute to roll the vial on it's side to get rid of all the air bubbles.
5. Put the vial in close to the 1 minute mark and shut the lid, a little over a minute is ok.
6. Take your reading.

Enjoy no more wasted packets. :)

Been there done that.

Pro tip.
1. Pre-prep the packet before even starting the test, scrape the seams with a piece of the packet you cut off too.
2. Start with a clean vial, no smudges. Handle the vial with a terry cloth or micro fiber towel from this point forward.
3. After you pull the vial out from the 1st step you've got 2 minutes to hold the button in to start the timer. As soon as you get ALL the reagent in the vial hold down the button to start the timer.
4. Shake the crap out of the vial for one minute then use the next 30 seconds to a minute to roll the vial on it's side to get rid of all the air bubbles.
5. Put the vial in close to the 1 minute mark and shut the lid, a little over a minute is ok.
6. Take your reading.

Enjoy no more wasted packets. :)
I will definitely try this. Currently averaging about 3 packets per test... always seems to be something else that grabs the attention in this hobby

Back