The big rock swap

Thanks for all the compliments! I feel that after a year and a half of fighting problem after problem with my tank(s), I finally am on the road to having a show tank! :)

Yes, the spot on the right side was for my gigas. Unfortunately, it died about the same time that I moved all this rock around. I had it for more than a year- it had grown about an inch and was doing great. The mantle was a bit receded in places, so I looked closer and saw that I had pyramidellid snails - tons of them. Apparently, they had been there for a while, but since they're nocturnal, I never noticed them. Over the next month, I meticulously picked them off, moving the clam around and keeping the environment sterile as possible, but it was too late in the end, and I lost the clam. I was devastated....

I'm now keeping any clam out of my tank for 6 months, to hopefully allow any mollusc parasite to die off. I may look at trying to get my hands on a blue squamosa or another gigas.. I'm not sure which- they're hard to come by...

Looks fantastic Chris.

What sand did you decide on using?

Back