The bug bit me by accident

A

Add-eh-boy

Well, BRS posted a video recently on youtube that really caught my attention, so I decided to watch it. I suddenly remembered how much I loved my aquariums and the interaction I once had with this Forum.

My old account name was JBDReefs (I think!!) but I can’t log in any longer, so I created a new account. If my old account still exists, I would love to regain access to it. Is that possible?

Over the last few days, I have been catching up via videos on the advancements in the equipment arena. It doesn’t seem like too much has changed.

What’s the latest greatest trend in reef keeping?

I told my wife today that I thought I had been bitten by the reefing bug again and she didn’t object. She wanted to know if I was thinking about setting up my last failed attempt of a 30 gallon cube. It ended abruptly because of a bulkhead leak. Many lessons were learned and It was enough for me to put my hands up and quit. I still have all of my equipment, some new in the box and never opened. At the time of my last failure, I was working towards a larger build by slowly acquiring the equipment I needed. I was almost ready—- just minus enough rock and a stand.

I think it’s time to return to the hobby and I look forward to meeting you guys.

thanks in advance.

Welcome back! I have a brand new, relatively large piece of dry rock for sale if you are interested.

Welcome back hit me up when your up and running lets see if we can get these dedicated arc members to give u a coral or 2 to get back up and running. It seems to me that we want to get more people back in. Due to the the failure people have had. I think if you get back theres enough people on arc that will donate some coral. I know i will . congrats get back in hurry up

Ok guys dig deep in your tank and help this guy out.Wheres the luv arc members. Let's show it. As Alabama_nano is ready and so am I. Hit me up I give u a coral. Let's see how many true reefers on arc here help out. I'm in

Jcook, thank you!

I really appreciate the love.

As of right now, I’m contemplating a time line. I’m in no hurry to get coral, or fish for that matter.

I still need to build a stand. I was actually checking out the prices for new tanks today.
Does anyone run halides anymore?

Jcook, thank you!

As of right now, I’m contemplating a time line. I’m in no hurry to get coral, or fish for that matter.

I still need to build a stand. I was actually checking out the prices for new tanks today.

Jbdreefs, I’m from Alabama obviously but anytime you’re ready for corals let me know and when I come up for one of the meets I’d be honored to bring a frag or 2 with me. I’d rather give away corals to someone who has the same passion and love for saltwater as I do, than to profit from a coral going to someone who’s heart isn’t necessarily in it. You’re doing right though by taking your time. I’m just starting my first non nano build and there’s nothing I want more than to get it done, but I know deep down that delayed gratification is the key to success in saltwater. Good luck and happy reefing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back! Its hard to stay out of this hobby permenently once you have been in it! May everything go your way as you get things up and running! Looking forward to seeing what you do!

Welcome back.

I think I recognize your screen name. When were you last active?

Well, BRS posted a video recently on youtube that really caught my attention, so I decided to watch it. I suddenly remembered how much I loved my aquariums and the interaction I once had with this Forum.

My old account name was JBDReefs (I think!!) but I can’t log in any longer, so I created a new account. If my old account still exists, I would love to regain access to it. Is that possible?

Over the last few days, I have been catching up via videos on the advancements in the equipment arena. It doesn’t seem like too much has changed.

What’s the latest greatest trend in reef keeping?

I told my wife today that I thought I had been bitten by the reefing bug again and she didn’t object. She wanted to know if I was thinking about setting up my last failed attempt of a 30 gallon cube. It ended abruptly because of a bulkhead leak. Many lessons were learned and It was enough for me to put my hands up and quit. I still have all of my equipment, some new in the box and never opened. At the time of my last failure, I was working towards a larger build by slowly acquiring the equipment I needed. I was almost ready—- just minus enough rock and a stand.

I think it’s time to return to the hobby and I look forward to meeting you guys.

thanks in advance.
I have

Jcook, thank you!

Not really on the Halides anymore. It's very rare to see unless it's like a big SPS system. Most people these days are running some sort of LED or LED T5 hybrid set ups. BTW welcome back!

Welcome back.

I think I recognize your screen name. When were you last active?

Sounds familiar to me as well.

I‘m in the same boat, couldn’t log in under my old account when I came back. I lost all of my old posts when they changed over to the new site. I was told by a bcavelli (or something like that) that all of my old content was gone for good.

Oh well... so be it. Welcome back! You’ll probably notice there’s still a lot of drama, hard to get away from I guess with so many folks and personalites.

D

Sounds familiar to me as well.

I‘m in the same boat, couldn’t log in under my old account when I came back. I lost all of my old posts when they changed over to the new site. I was told by a bcavelli (or something like that) that all of my old content was gone for good.

Oh well... so be it. Welcome back! You’ll probably notice there’s still a lot of drama, hard to get away from I guess with so many folks and personalites.

D

I have a wife and two teenage daughters. I’m a pro at dealing with drama.

Back