The top of my Lottery List

Yeah not too sure what I was typing when I put 2,500 lol. Meh, I still like my Golden Angels more....and at a fraction of the price!

JDavid;982913 wrote: I just think I'd rather have like.. Oh, I don't know. Another car.

If you can drop 20k on a fish, you probably have a few toys in the garage.

Bassett22;982876 wrote: Oh to each their own, don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at em, I just don't understand how a fish can be so valuable. And how some would want to spend that on something that can croak at any second. To risky. Just me. Seems insane to me.

Price is a direct reflection of how much someone is willing to give up to get something else. In business, scarcity drives up the price of anything. The customer is willing to give up even more of something to get something that is rare.

Another price enhancer is the new development of something related to technology. For example, when the first handheld calculator was release, hardly anyone could afford the purchase of that calculator. Now, everyone can afford a calculator. Over time, that specific angel will drop in price where many can purchase one. For now, it's bragging rights; hey look what I have in my tank. Surely it's one of a kind. The price is high, but over time; you'll see it in many aquariums.

Wannabee

WannabeeaReefKeeper;982931 wrote: Over time, that specific angel will drop in price where many can purchase one. For now, it's bragging rights; hey look what I have in my tank. Surely it's one of a kind. The price is high, but over time; you'll see it in many aquariums.

Wannabee

It would probably be decades before we see them in many aquariums. This is the only know breeding, let alone any, pair in an aquarium. The collection process of these fish is what drives the price. The divers collecting them are literally risking their lives to collect them from the depths they live at. The captive bred ones go for more because they have the advantage of being raised on prepared foods.

If a diver is only collecting a pair every decade the market isn't going to be as saturated as other fish in the hobby.

Back