Time for sps

tonymission;991429 wrote: i broadcast feed oyster feast 5-6 times a week and half dose fuel another 5-6 days. I haven't had to do anything else yet since i'm getting pretty good response from that.

+1

I wish I would have known a few weeks ago I would have brought you some frags when I picked up the zoas which are doing great by the way thanks again

I'm not full of SPS but I was dosing acropower for a while but travel for work got a little crazy and I haven't dosed in a while.

any monti cap, any digita, most encrusting montipora, even a hydnopora ...

all those are IMO seem to withstand lesser water quality.

THAT being said, I never really noticed a difference in how HARD any sps was to keep....

just remember that what we really do is keep water. If you can keep your water within specific parameters then the corals will thrive in that environment for free.

B

SnowManSnow;991470 wrote: any monti cap, any digita, most encrusting montipora, even a hydnopora ...

all those are IMO seem to withstand lesser water quality.

THAT being said, I never really noticed a difference in how HARD any sps was to keep....

just remember that what we really do is keep water. If you can keep your water within specific parameters then the corals will thrive in that environment for free.

B

Very well said snowman. We keep water, never thought of it that way, but it's true. Of course you need the right lighting

MYREEFCLUB0070;991428 wrote: thanks guys,
all the advice sounds on track with my research, so i guess i get a few pieces and see how they do over the next few months.
gona have to do a little tank remodel, move some stuff around to direct some high flow on the sps.
i never really fed my corals, does anyone with lots of sps feed special stuff, if at all?

Some will disagree but corals need to be fed. A well fed tank is a happy tank as long as the import is balanced with the export. I use reef chili personally but good ole fish poop does a pretty good job also.

For lighting right now I have 120 watts of LEDs and 216 watts of t5, I will be adding one more t5 fixture which will be a total of 324 watt of t5 on a 60x18x24" tank.
I don't think that I would be going mh since I had really good success with the t5's in the pass and the led's are basically for supplement and ramping.
I think I'm pretty good at keeping water, minimal to no swing for months on end and I love taking care of my tank, it's not a chore, I really do enjoy it.

Bassett22;991605 wrote: So... I feel kinda ignored, is that a no on the corals I offered?

Ooh, I'm sorry I haven't even considered starting up my collection as yet but when I do I will get with you and pick some stuff out.
Been a little busy at work too, just jumping on the site when I get an opening.

Back