Tiny baby needs to rest???

camellia

Supporting
Reaction score
This poor little thing and I mean little don't leave this corner. Don't they get exhausted at some point and need to find a place to rest?
When I first brought it home I coaxed it into a small plastic frag cup and it swam in and out... But it won't go back in without me directing it to the cup. I don't know if I should leave it alone or baby sit? It's the "very special Juvenile Clown from $$$ Collection" won at the Expo. I'm keeping it for a friend and getting worried about it!
Thanks
03cecf31bb4b7246af1fe7a729d124bd_zpsb10e9a52.jpg
alt="" />

Any other livestock? Any place for it to hide?
I would keep the lights out fow a couple of days.

Yes, there are places but it don't leave the top of the tank. None of the other fish have paid any attention to it or bothering it at all.

Fish
Pair of Blacker Ice Clowns
Fire fish
Pink spotted Goby
Chromis pair
Blue Mandarin
Large cleaner shrimp....

I have kept lights off it since Saturday.

I would get a little isolated tank for it or basket to sit in your big tank.

if I'm reading this correctly you have a pair of clowns and then this little guy??
even if you not seen it the other clowns are harassing him probably.

My clown when I first brought him home sat in the corner for weeks until I put chromis in there to show him it's ok to swim around. Now he is my little Olympic swimmer 😃

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

heathlindner25;957643 wrote: if I'm reading this correctly you have a pair of clowns and then this little guy??
even if you not seen it the other clowns are harassing him probably.

Trust me, they are not. I'm not saying they won't!

I put the little guy in this tank Saturday and I JUST put my pair in this tank from a 45 corner. I moved (upgraded) and this tank has the overflow in the middle. The pair and their Nem are on the other side. I've spent the whole day working in front of the tank watching. The pair hasn't even went to the other side of the tank YET. They are still getting used to their new home etc...
If they do start I will have to do something quick (call its owner lol). I'm just holding it for him as his tank is full with bigger clowns etc.

Sounds like I shouldn't worry about it not resting to awful much. If I guide it with my hand into the clear cup below it, it will stay for a little while but it won't go back into the cup on its own. I don't know if it realizes its there, small fish, short memory?

I would not for ANY reason put this snowcasso in a tank with another pair of clowns!

The difference between it *maybe* being killed/stressed to death or not is simple as setting up a 10 gallon tank for it.

JDavid;957684 wrote: I would not for ANY reason put this snowcasso in a tank with another pair of clowns!

The difference between it *maybe* being killed/stressed to death or not is simple as setting up a 10 gallon tank for it.

:unsure:

The baby has been eating good. I still have my 45 running with no fish.
I have left the tank up for this sole purpose. Now that I'm feeling bad, I've asked the owner of the fish if he wants me to move it.
You know I've got a BIG heart, I would in no way want it to be hurt or stressed. I would :spank:Myself!
:thanks:

Gawd, I wanted this little guy so badly. What ill-fated irony when another Rick claimed the winning ticket # after the 4th try.

I hope it pulls itself together and makes it thru. I have the very same tank left from the Expo so I can keep it for you, ;)

Oh, no question as to whether or not you care about the fish!

It might be fine, I just wouldn't risk it. I've just seen them get picked on, especially with such a noticeable size difference. (And it's such a valuable fish)

Debbie No worries , My platinum clowns stay at the top and never come down. Ive had them since the ARC 1st auction. matter of fact they were so small 1 went through the overflow and I fished him out of the sump. They are to big to fit in the over flow but they still sometimes sleep at the top just floating . I thought they were dead several times but they were just resting : )

Sean, good to hear. It makes me tired watching it, lol
I did put a rock closer to it to reduce flow in that corner. Maybe it can float now and then for a break.
So you got your Platinums the same time I got my Blacker Ice. Do you remember Rick and I bidding for the fish at the "silent auction"? Rick gave me a break and stopped at about $300 and gave he a break, lol
Thanks

: ) I do remember that bidding because I wanted that blacker ice pair to but when the bidding went up I dropped out and I got lucky on the platinum pair at the end of the auction.
My Plats are still doing great

The pair of clowns in our main tank and the pair in my son's tank, seem to pair up with the stupidest things.

In the main tank, one of them likes to screw with my head and decides to "lay down" on the over flow gate. First time I saw it, I almost flipped a bit. I thought for sure he had figured life as a pampered pet in an aquarium wasn't worth living.

Nope. The little SOB was just sleeping.

They seem to like to cuddle up to the return jets, the power cords to the circulation pumps, etc... God forbid they actually decide to act normal and snuggle up to something like a coral or an anemone.

containerman1;957755 wrote: : ) I do remember that bidding because I wanted that blacker ice pair to but when the bidding went up I dropped out and I got lucky on the platinum pair at the end of the auction.
My Plats are still doing great

That's great!
I've always had a problem "dropping out" even when its in my best interest. It may have somthing to do with the fact that I'm working (playing) in an a field dominated by men and don't want like to show weakness. Instead I show stupidy, lol

Y-Not;957756 wrote: The pair of clowns in our main tank and the pair in my son's tank, seem to pair up with the stupidest things.

In the main tank, one of them likes to screw with my head and decides to "lay down" on the over flow gate. First time I saw it, I almost flipped a bit. I thought for sure he had figured life as a pampered pet in an aquarium wasn't worth living.

Nope. The little SOB was just sleeping.

They seem to like to cuddle up to the return jets, the power cords to the circulation pumps, etc... God forbid they actually decide to act normal and snuggle up to something like a coral or an anemone.

That's funny, lol

Back