Toadstool leather

Steve Burton

Vice President
Staff member
Supporting
Reaction score
Just noticed these on the back side of my large toadstool. What are they and should I be worried?
I cut a couple frags off of one edge about a week or so ago, didn't notice them then.20221025_193041.jpg20221025_193434.jpg

Are those aiptasia? I found about five of them attached to the branches of one of my branching hammers this morning. Gonna have to bust out the aiptasia X tonight.

That is strange. The 2nd pic makes them look almost like micro brittle stars but not so much in the first picture. I recently trimmed mine too and when I look at it, I don't see anything like that. Not sure what it is. Any chance it got mad when you trimmed it and stayed shrunk up? Potentially rubbing itself on some rock? Mine usually stay mad for a day or two after I trim it and it does take up a different position when it's shrunk down a bunch.

It's not aptasia. It has opened back up long ago. 20221027_130525.jpg I'm starting to think it looks like self propagation, I'll keep an eye on them to see if the tentacles become more toadstool like.

Back