Torches, Hammers, Frogspawn in Close Proximity OK?

Scott23

Supporting
Reaction score
I am getting back into the hobby after many years. I used to have a 115G tank with plenty of space. Now I am set up with a nano 20G long. I love LPS, especially Euphyllia corals and I am trying to fit as much as I can into the limited space. Is it OK to keep Torches, Hammers and Frogspawn closely spaced, or will they damage each other? It seems like I see contradictory information about keeping them separated (at least torches), but I see tanks where they are bunched together. Any perspective is appreciated. Thanks!

On my experience, hammer, wall hammer, frogspawn, octospawn and frammer are ok touching each other, keep torches separated, if all together they are going to be ok for some time but eventually torches are going to kill other euphillya

So the problem with them touching is it can sometimes weaken their immune systems if they are constantly fighting for space. So, if anyone of them succumbs to a bacterial infection, ie a brown jelly type of situation, the closer they are means the faster it can transmit to the next colony. As long as you keep a good watch and make sure no heads are unhappy or retracted or sick looking you should be fine. But if you miss something, you can get disease to spread very quickly when they are too close to each other. I would definitely not have any torches touch other euphyllia or other types of torches. It avoids having issues later. Hammers are usually not bad touching as long as there is no disease or unhappiness. Frogspawn is also typically ok with the same parameters.

Back