Trident, Alkatronic, reefbot,......xepta?

jman930

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone been following this company? seems promising and with each new product that hits the market it SHOULD drive down costs by competition. thoughts?

Xepta was at MACNA via Coralvue and was supposed to start selling in US through Coralvue- but that fell apart. The difference between Xepta and some of the other companies, is that their hardware products were designed to work with their proprietary balling system and chemicals. So, their stuff was set up to dose their products.

Personally I’m mostly interested in a scheduled auto testing device that I can adjust my reactor or doses based on the results. Don’t really trust anything to dose for me. Might one day though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I’m mostly interested in a scheduled auto testing device that I can adjust my reactor or doses based on the results. Don’t really trust anything to dose for me. Might one day though!

I agree. That’s what I was looking for in both the ReefBot and the Trident. I wanted something to take care of one of the tasks on the tank that I should have been doing routinely, but didn’t always get to. They help ease the burden, similar to how folks setup auto water change systems. I love the Trident, being able to look at the current and past data on the main three parameters is very convenient. But, I wanted to keep a steady record of a few other parameters, that’s why I wanted to give the ReefBot a shot. Even if the ReefBot exceeds my expectations, I doubt I’ll get rid of the Trident... we’ll see how it works out though.

Also fun fact the Xepta AutoBalance should start around $499 so it'll also be the lowest priced option....highly interested in this!

Also fun fact the Xepta AutoBalance should start around $499 so it'll also be the lowest priced option....highly interested in this!
You have to add in the costs of the chemicals to the Xepta system. And the availability.

You have to do this with all of them. Either reagents or in the case with the reef bot the common checker solutions.

Back