Trident Help

wantsummora acropora

Supporting
Reaction score
If you have experience troubleshooting Tridents Please, Please help. I cleared up the "No water test in 24h" error. Now it's just the "No water sample" error. Currently, I have the shell off and I have checked all the lines, confirmed there is no clog in the line, Watched the covet fill and spin. Neptune has not been "useful" to be nice about it. If you have 20 minutes or so to spare I would deeply appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 7
Have you taken the water sample line off and blown through it to verify it is clear? Before I turned my unit back in for maintenance program, I had to clear my lines repeatedly.
Note- something i did not know as an early adapter of this tech- All tridents should have a debris filter on the intake lines prior to sample entry into the machine. If your machine does not have it, you need to order from Neptune. It is a small back circular piece. Next after verifying that your sample line is clear, is your machine older than 1.5-2 years in use? If so, you can either send it back for the maintenance program with Neptune, or you can continue to trouble shoot and open the machine up to verify if there are any clogs inside. Someone already posted a long dissertation about doing this- I think here and online and there are videos on YouTube. If these tricks to clear clog don’t work or if your trident is older already, then servicing is way to go- there are 3 options- mail back and pay for refurbished trade in, have them fix yours, or order parts and diy. Tridents design is such that it will not last longer than a few years without maintenance and probably more like after 1 year in normal slightly higher nutrient systems. 2690F8E2-3BC8-4A6E-A8F7-0FC928D852B4.png8F9C3DFA-465D-481C-B8F2-103AB7952DB2.png

Have you taken the water sample line off and blown through it to verify it is clear? Before I turned my unit back in for maintenance program, I had to clear my lines repeatedly.
Note- something i did not know as an early adapter of this tech- All tridents should have a debris filter on the intake lines prior to sample entry into the machine. If your machine does not have it, you need to order from Neptune. It is a small back circular piece. Next after verifying that your sample line is clear, is your machine older than 1.5-2 years in use? If so, you can either send it back for the maintenance program with Neptune, or you can continue to trouble shoot and open the machine up to verify if there are any clogs inside. Someone already posted a long dissertation about doing this- I think here and online and there are videos on YouTube. If these tricks to clear clog don’t work or if your trident is older already, then servicing is way to go- there are 3 options- mail back and pay for refurbished trade in, have them fix yours, or order parts and diy. Tridents design is such that it will not last longer than a few years without maintenance and probably more like after 1 year in normal slightly higher nutrient systems. View attachment 49041View attachment 49042
I got my trident almost two years ago during the waiting list times. I threw my name in the hat thinking I'd get it in 3 or 4 months. I got it in 3 days. So it just sat there. I set it up one day (bad idea) and it just sat there because I still didn't need it yet. I will check your resources and see if that helps. I of course threw away my trident box. Thank you for the suggestions.

I got my trident almost two years ago during the waiting list times. I threw my name in the hat thinking I'd get it in 3 or 4 months. I got it in 3 days. So it just sat there. I set it up one day (bad idea) and it just sat there because I still didn't need it yet. I will check your resources and see if that helps. I of course threw away my trident box. Thank you for the suggestions.
Ok if you got 2 years ago it did not come with the filter- therefore you need to get that. And you have been using it after you let it sit so chances are it is clogged. I would call Neptune or go online and start a ticket to get maintenance. All units that are from that time period need maintenance 👩‍🔧. They have slowly been getting to people who start cases and switching out units.

Note- something i did not know as an early adapter of this tech- All tridents should have a debris filter on the intake lines prior to sample entry into the machine. If your machine does not have it, you need to order from Neptune. It is a small back circular piece. Next after verifying that your sample line is clear, is your machine older than 1.5-2 years in use? If so, you can either send it back for the maintenance program with Neptune, or you can continue to trouble shoot and open the machine up to verify if there are any clogs inside. Someone already posted a long dissertation about doing this- I think here and online and there are videos on YouTube. If these tricks to clear clog don’t work or if your trident is older already, then servicing is way to go- there are 3 options- mail back and pay for refurbished trade in, have them fix yours, or order parts and diy. Tridents design is such that it will not last longer than a few years without maintenance and probably more like after 1 year in normal slightly higher nutrient systems. View attachment 49041View attachment 49042
No I haven't used it at all. I just set it up for when I would be ready to use it. The reagents I have now are the original ones and it will be 2 years come November. The covet was cleaned a few weeks ago. The sample line draws water and I can see it running through the trident but I'm still getting the "no water sample" error. When I prime the sample I get alternating messages "no water sample", "priming sample". I suspect my issue is I can't clear the error message. Does it have to be directly connected to the Apex or will any same pin connection do? I'll open another ticket with Neptune. Thank you for your help.

It needs to be be connected via an ilink cable that can go into any APEX ilink port whether on the unit or additional power supply etc. - but only after the setup instructs you to do so or you will error it out. Which is a pain. If you have had the trident sitting with fluids not properly installed and working for a while then u have a clog. For example if you filled it with reagents and tested it out and then left it sitting, it will clog, or alternatively you let it run out of a reagent for a significant time it will clog or error out. You can remove the tinted plastic that covers the sample testing vial and watch to see whether water is going into the vial and whether the agents are also being drawn in. You can also see and feel if the water is leaking in the trident instead of going where it needs to go. That can also cause a no water sample issue - ie if something got loose. If everything is working, water is filling and there are no leaks, then you can clear an error message by removing the ilink cable and power it down and restart the trident and apex.

Last edited:
Back