Trigger fish in reef

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
How many of you have had success with a blue throat trigger fish or maybe another type of trigger in your reef tank

I've got a Niger in mine that has been perfect since day one. Heard mixed reviews on the other kinds of triggers though.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I have a pair of Blue Throats. Other than munching on high dollar shrimp when left to get too hungry they've been good for me.
any aggression towards your other fish?

I have two tanks. And both of had a trigger. One was a male blue throat and the other was a clown. There is a risk with all of them and if they’re hungry enough will eat shrimp etc. My clown is way more aggressive and I cannot have any invertebrates that don’t have thick shells. But it is still really small like about an inch and a half and hasn’t messed with any fish. I’ve had him for about a year and a half.

Your safest bet is a blue throat. And spend the extra money and get a male. Super pretty fish when they get older and the colors pop.

My blue throat is a model citizen unless you put a diamond goby in the tank. Then he becomes jack the freakin ripper

any aggression towards your other fish?
No, no aggression. The only time I saw the male get aggressive was when I added the female and it was all directed at her. That settled down real quick.

They are both very active swimmers and personable. They learn to recognize you.

Back