Trouble with Reefs2Go?

rk4435

Market
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with Reefs2Go this week? I placed an order last Friday and have gotten a series of strange emails this week. They don't answer the phone so I don't know what to expect. I tried replying to one of the emails and got multiple responces.

A few weeks ago I placed an order for a supplemental CUC and had issues with getting the order to go through it took several phone calls and emails. I kept getting odd email invoices from other customers and when I logged in it would show some other customer orders. Weird

Then last week I received an email receipt with a delivery of my previous order for the next day. A few hours later they sent me an email with the order cancelled.

Customer service said they having problems with their database. Im not sure I trust them right now. Just my opinion.

Sounds similar to mine. First I got an email telling me I had to be home to sign for Chaeto or pick it up at the carrier. I replied and told them to cancel the order because I could not do either.

Then I got an email telling me to disregard the must sign email, saying it only goes to customers with high cost orders.

Then I got an email moving my delivery from Wednesday to next Monday so I took advantage of their easy "add to shipping" instructions to add of the BOGO 1000 pod deal.

I never got an email confirmation to add on the pods.

Today I got a repeat of Wednesdays email telling me that my shipping had been delayed until Monday and a voicemail telling me the same.

I've had good luck with them in the past for cuc and pods but this has turned into a real headache this time because I have no idea if they are shipping the whole order or part of it.

I'll have to avoid them for a while after this order.

I quit ordering from them about 3 months ago after a bunch of DOAs in an order followed by really bad customer service. The owner basically replied with "they don't look dead to me" followed by absolutely nothing. I tried several times to contact them with no response. Will not order from them again.

About a month ago,I was going to order from them.Just thought I would check the reviews.Over 52 complaints where open.So i just ordered from someone else.

hmmmm....where do i even begin with this topic.....anyways, a background about me and my circumstance should get things rolling: I live in Peachtree City, 30+min south of the airport and there's not a good lfs near me at all. every weekend(and i mean EVERY WEEKEND) i go home to visit my parents in Alpharetta and my GF off I20E. so it's always a "triangular" relationship when it comes to visit either one of them. i usually buy stuffs from our sponsors but because the corals/fish will have to stay in the cooler for at least 24hrs worries me, i turn online for some of the reef stuffs (i know the stuffs online stay in a cooler for at least 12hrs or so as well) because of the DOA guarantees from the online vendors.

i have been with R2G for about a year. I was with them when they HAD fish and i still stick with them when they only carry inverts/corals. there are times when my stuffs came all healthy and there are times when everything is DOA. their customer-no-service is a joke when comparing to other vendors. it came to my attention that the stuffs that i ordered last month was the final order with them because it's "no longer profitable for them to do business with me". that pulled the last straw in me and i filed a complaint with BBB.

i ordered some acros, zoas, lps, and fire shrimp. i took some pictures and video of the last shipment. the entire package was shipped at 60 degree F and i got really concerned. Lo be hold, fire shrimp dead within 24 hrs after careful drip acclimation. the acros all bleached within hours of me putting them in my tank. no surprise there because all of the acros are freshly cut and gone through temperature swing and the stress of the road trip. zoas and lps are fine. SIGH!!!!

the coupon code "combine" was another joke. i placed an order earlier in the week and i used the coupon code for my second order, which is the refugium pack. Guess what? my first order got completely erased and only the second order arrived. Talk about disappointment. i called them up and after what felt like ages, Nicole picked up the phone and apologized about the mishap. Nicole and Nelsen are the laughing stock when it comes to customer-no-service because they will apologize to you over the phone but the second they hang up, they don't follow through with whatever was discussed through the phone conversation.

R2G, do i need to hire someone to help them with the website? or do i need to find a person to help them with the phones? i mean this company is a joke. i stuck with them through the ups and downs and this is how i got treated. "it's no longer profitable for us to do business with you", i have not heard of this before as a reward for a loyal customer.

in the conclusion of my complaint with BBB, i stated that if one customer is having bad shipment/customer service etc, then maybe that customer is just having a bad day/luck, but if all of the customers are complaining about the same stuffs from DOA livestock to the lack of personnel for customer service and a website that doesn't work at times, then R2G need to look themselves in the mirror and reevaluate everything from when the livestock comes in through their door to the second it arrives at the front door of their customers' residence.

in the meantime, i really need to figure out a way to keep corals, esp acros and fish, alive for at least 24+hrs before they get into my tank.

hzheng33;959549 wrote: in the meantime, i really need to figure out a way to keep corals, esp acros and fish, alive for at least 24+hrs before they get into my tank.

Why don't you just get a power inverter for your car so you can run a heater and an air pump with an air stone? Or at the minimum, a battery powered air pump with air stone? Heater probably isn't all that necessary at this time. I have kept livestock in buckets for almost 48 hours with an air stone and heater, no problems. Although, I am sure the fish weren't all that enthusiastic about it...LOL

These people have the best pods in relation to $$$ I have ever seen. And as stated in my pervious comment I have never had an issue with them. You just need to know what a companies limits are. Pretty sure I wouldn't buy coral or fish from reefs 2 go because of the website alone but wouldn't buy pods from anyone else.

Silver Surfer;959595 wrote: These people have the best pods in relation to $$$ I have ever seen. And as stated in my pervious comment I have never had an issue with them. You just need to know what a companies limits are. Pretty sure I wouldn't buy coral or fish from reefs 2 go because of the website alone but wouldn't buy pods from anyone else.

Not anymore. I've ordered from them multiple times, but the most recent order that arrived from them was a joke; supposed to be bogo 1000 pods. Each bag had at best, 200. I politely email them. They responded several days later with an apology and a promise to ship out more the following week. I emailed them again Wednesday letting them know I would be out of the country the following week. They assured me the replacement would be no later than Saturday. Saturday came and went and I emailed them asking "please do not ship next week I will be out of the country.". Based on this experience so far, I expect to come home to a box of dead pods. My last dealing with this company, ever. I will never recommend them again. Google the business and you'll find more experiences like mine than good ones. I was a big supporter and recommended them frequently. Now, not so much.

IDK what the deal is with them as they were easy to deal with and customer service WAS exceptional. Now, none of the women that answered the phone(s) ever answer AND when someone decides to answer you do not get a straight response. Seems as if they have gone through some changes in staff or management IDK which. My most recent purchase went to a neighbors house (not Reef2Go fault UPS) and sat on his front porch for 2 days before he noticed it. They had not included my BOGO items so at least they didn't die unnecessarily as the pods and the crabs did. Oh well, hopefully they will get it together.

I only got pods from them. I get them elsewhere for reasons stated above.

Around 4/17/2014. I ordered (2) 1000 paks with the buy one get one free deal. I have ordered 7-8x from them and each order has been filled with no complaints. . I'm sure I'm not getting 2000 pods but there are plenty for the $$$. Have you seen other pods for sale? 20.00 for like 22 pods( if you are lucky). So for the money there is no better deal.

I've heard many negative things about this company. For CUC i was told to order from reefcleaners. might want to look into it. ill be ordering from them next week!

As of last night my order for chaeto and pods was shipped, and delayed. Who knows.

Back