Trying to help my bubble tip

Temp is about 78 I got a glass thermometer and I don’t measure salinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
78 degrees with a glass thermometer... great! Keep that.

Salinity... lol, we’ll dere’s yer problem right dere.

Seriously, these two parameters are sooo incredibly important. At this point, you unfortunately don’t really have a lot of extra time to order and wait on shipping. I’d recommend going to a LFS and picking up a Refractometer (not a hydrometer) as soon as possible. Typical refracts will cost $15-25 online, but you may have to pay $35 or so if supplies are limited. Nonetheless, it’ll be one of the most valuable pieces of equipment you buy... so don’t feel bad if you’re losing $10 bucks or so. It’ll save you tons.

or another option is to post your location and see if any members here are nearby you and can drive out with their refracts and help you do a quick adjustment.

Well I’m sorry to say that the responsibility is in your hands to care for your animals. Still, it’s your choice.

To reiterate a previous statement; buying a refractometer will be one of the best investments you make in this hobby. It will save you thousands of dollars as well as provide some peace-of-mind, and will only cost $20-30 and can last years and years.

I’m broke into payday I just started a new job I’m new to Georgia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keeping a saltwater tank is a lot more complex than a Freshwater tank. It also also quite a bit more expensive. That's not to say you can't keep a SW tank on a budget but you have to do your research well before hand and investigating the equipment & compatible livestock that will not only fit in your budget but thrive too. I highly recommend you start doing some reading about this is a hobby you if want to continue in it. There are tons of free resources online as well as several inexpensive books.

We are more than happy to help guide you but please understand, there are some things you will need and a refractometer is about the one of the most important. You will be using it quite frequently to check the tank's salinity until you learn how evaporation and topoff changes the salinity. You will also use it every time you make batches of saltwater. This is not a hobby where you can take many short cuts on basic saltwater chemistry and have good results.

Again, you should really consider rehoming the nem until you are ready to try and keep one again.

For now you can consider swinging by one of the LFS to have your water tested so you can remedy any obvious issues like a salinity swing, ammonia spike...then save up for a refractometer and some testing kits.

don't go cheap and buy the hydrometer, it's not accurate and you will regret it.

buy something that looks like this

Back