unidentified ? something im tank this morning

ls1boost

Market
Reaction score
hello wondering if you can tell me what this is i woke up thismorning and turned on the tank lights and took a shower when i came back there was tiny starfish looking thing on the front glass never seen before its bright white and is about the size of a dime maybe a little less the tank has been up for 6 monthes or so just looking to se what it was thanks,
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
369918=18165-star.jpg
>
369918=18165-star.jpg
class="gc-images" title="star.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Hitchhiker! It probably came in some Live Rock or sand. I have a couple in with my live rock that's curing.

is it safe or do i need to try and fish it out, i have a few plate corals, hammer coral and some assorted shrooms will it harm them

It probably will not hurt the corals that you have. However, if its legs are blue, it will eat polyps. I wound up with a bunch grazing on my zoanthids and had to buy some harlequin shrimp to take care of them.

no he,s solid white so i will just let him be for now as long as he dont mess with anything elts in the tank thanks guys for the help

Yeah I thought mine were fine also..... Then they ate about 10 AOG polyps, half of my gsp, and some frogspawn.......

Back