Veggies for Tangs

lorenk

Market
Reaction score
So I don't have any Nori left. I read that some people feed their tangs blanched broccoli. I'm curious what other veggies I can use. For instance, can I feed my yellow tang pees? I have a hole bag of those and it's so easy to defrost a couple.

I like the iceberg personnaly, little tomato, cucumber, onion, sunflower seeds and blue cheese.......oh sorry thought we were talking salads here!

I have heard, but never tried, feeding blanched broccoli or the greener lettece, romaine, leaks etc. I might have some Nori for you when you come over tomorrow Loren.

I always heard that it was not near as healthy, but dont quote me on that.

mkinna1;101307 wrote: I always heard that it was not near as healthy, but dont quote me on that.
im going to have to quote you on this because i have never heard such a thing but a may be wrong :tongue2: ill give yousome nori if you want

I use to feed my tangs lettuce, but that was before I discovered this food:
http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/197918/product.web">http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/197918/product.web</a>
plus I don&#8217;t lattice is good for their digestive system
When they do go to the bathroom there are usually piece of lettuce floating around in the tank.

i wouldnt use lettuce. go to h mart or something and get a huge bag of nori for $2.

My tangs used to eat the crap out of brocolli...they loved it! not sure if it was any good for them or not though.

i agree on the chinese food mart idea... and you can even get little bags that feed for like 3-4 days (depending on how many you are feeding) that are bundled, so you dont have the stuff going all stale on ya... cause my tang hates some stale nori :yes:

plus you can grab some of those little orange roe/egg thingies and feed them to the tank as well... my six line loves that stuff.

At Hunama Bay HI, protected state park. They sell, & allow you to feed the fish previously frozen peas while driving. I have read that freezing veggies( peas, brocally...) breaks down the cellulose and makes it better for fish digestion. The fresh dark green veggies have tons of vitamins...

Super H-Mart just opened in Johns Creek. It's on 141 and Pleasant Hill Rd (I think).

Not Alpharetta, but darn close.

I guess I should go and pick up some Nori...although I just got a bag from Mark.

cmjazz;101730 wrote: Does anyone know of any chinese food marts around the Alpharetta area?

go to any Publix that sells real sushi, they sell nori by the bag. I've been using it from them for years! It's 1.89 for 5 sheets 8x10!

Roland Jacques;101741 wrote: At Hunama Bay HI, protected state park. They sell, & allow you to feed the fish previously frozen peas while driving.

Hmmm...I would think that if you were in the position of feeding fish while driving something has gone horribly wrong in your recent past!
:D

Oops, Funny thing i used The word "driving" because i was not sure how to spell snorkeling LOL. Good catch George

Back