Vertex Omega 150 Skimmate

reeferkeifer

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone have an Omega 150, or any skimmer, and find that during feeding using frozen shrimp, the skimmer stops creating thick foam for a few hours and then goes back to normal operation. Also, I don't put frozen shrimp in the tank. I put a little water in a bowl, let it sit for about 15 minutes and then feed them. Thoughts?

ReeferKeifer;986202 wrote: Does anyone have an Omega 150, or any skimmer, and find that during feeding using frozen shrimp, the skimmer stops creating thick foam for a few hours and then goes back to normal operation. Also, I don't put frozen shrimp in the tank. I put a little water in a bowl, let it sit for about 15 minutes and then feed them. Thoughts?
It happens in any skimmer. The oils in the food collapses the foam head. Perfectly normal, not particular to the Omega 150, and happens with most aquarium foods you put into the tank.

What Acroholic said. My fish just love flakes so every once in a while I'll get a good size pinch to feed them some extra, my skimmer (SRO2000) will drop its foam head for an hour or so. I've heard people dropping foam just from putting their hand/arm in their tanks.

HiImSean;986231 wrote: I've heard people dropping foam just from putting their hand/arm in their tanks.

Or looking at the tank wrong, lol.

lol true

I did some frag gluing and jacked up my skimmer for about 2-3weeks

Back