well its time to build a new skiimer

casper75

Market
Reaction score
Well I decided to go ahead and build a new skimmer. Its going to be using the new dart needle wheel pump. will post updates through out the build.

Sorry its been so long sence my last post work has been keeping me so freaking busy its unreal. Here is where I am at so far.
Here is a pic of the dart needle wheel pump in between my 8" and 12" acrylic tubing.
HPIM0332.jpg
alt="" />

Here is a picture of the top with all the holes drilled out and the groves routed out for the tubing.
HPIM0333.jpg
alt="" />

And here is the box being glued up
HPIM0331.jpg
alt="" />

Will post some more pictures as progress is made/

Well I got alittle more work done today.
Here is a picture of cutting the tubing to size
Picture067.jpg
alt="" />
Here is a pic of all the tubing cut to size
Picture068.jpg
alt="" />

some what but my box is bigger my collection cup is bigger just maing it better then what they did

Here are a few more pics
Here is the top being glued on
Picture070.jpg
alt="" />
Here is the tubing just sitting together. I still have to make the -plates round and finish the cone and the bubble difusser. Hieght as this sit with out box is 28"
Picture071.jpg
alt="" />
and last a picture of my new toy
Picture069.jpg
alt="" />

That looks good, I may have to get you to build me one of those. Can't wait to see it done.

It looks really good. I cannot wait to see this thing running and making some serious foam! That is a great pump as well. I love that CNC Router... you are going to have lots of fun with that toy errr I mean tool. :up:

well I got a little more done today here are some pics.
Here is a pic of the cone .
Picture076.jpg
alt="" />
here is the cone on the skimmer
Picture077.jpg
alt="" />
here is the bubble difuser
Picture075.jpg
alt="" />
and here is all on the skimmer you can you the pump for size reference
Picture074.jpg
alt="" />

Holy crap! Have you made these before? Thats an awsome job! Better than the pro's!

Back