well its time to build a new skiimer

I did the flare with a heat gun. When I was younger I used to be real big into custom car stereo and my boss would never buy me a acrylic bender he always made me form the acrylic by using a heat gun. So I used what he tought me and made it. It take alot of time you have to go slow and steady because if you hold the gun in one spot to long it will bubble and the piece is messed up.

Come by some time Dawg . I will let you know when I am going to be home. I have to leave tomorrow to go out of town but pm me your contact info.

That is incredible! I need to learn to do stuff like that. My stuff is always so ghetto!

Skirz
It take time and alot of pratice trust me the first stuff I buil look like crap

Great job, :up:

That tapered transition with a heat gun is awesome. I never thought it could be done with a heat gun. I was going to try that in the oven but my peice did not fit in the oven. Glad to see it can be done. Im going to have to try that. i have a feeling it not going to be easy.

I got a few questions if you don't mind.
What size holes did you go with on your bubble diffuser?
It looks like you going to step down the neck at the cup. ( from? 8"? to 6"? ) is that right or is that just the photo?

your right , it will stepp down from 8" to 6" inside the cup. as far as the diffuser plate they are 1/4" holes.
PS
When heasting the acrylic with a heat gun take your time but keep the heat gun moving around the piece or it will bubble and the piece is trash.

Here are the last pics I will be able to post for the next week. I have to go out of town for work. Which realy sucks cause I am so close to being done.
Here is the diffuser plate gkued and mounted . You can see 4 little screws . That way I can take the top plate off and clean the inside.
Picture078.jpg
border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>
Here is the riser cone all glued up with the key holes cut out
Picture079.jpg
alt="" />

Lets try and post the diffuser plat pic again. you can also see the uniseal has been installed and the inside hole drilled for the 1 1/2 pipe to go through.
Picture078.jpg
alt="" />

looks good.

How do you keep the flat section, flat while your heating and bending the taper? do you sandwich it between 2 cut pieces of wood of something

FWIW The step down kind of confuses me. I understand why you want a smaller ID neck = dryer foam... It just seems to me that the step down (without a taper) is a bubble trap. I think it will cause Big Bubble Burps. Its not a big deal, but the burps may just make your skimmate wetter. What do you think?

Well its all glued up just waiting on me to get back home so I can water test it and plumb it in line . Should be inline in about a week

Roland,
I understand what your talking about the reduction, I dont see any big deal. If it does have a bubble burp it wont be to often to make that big of a deal , it wont be like a burp every few seconds.

Wow you have some real skills, If you are ever up to bulding a cal. reactor let me know a price.

Well I just got back back from work. Its been along week. Well It is time for the test run. It seems like it going to kick A**. Here are some pic of it running with fresh salt water.
Full shot
Picture080.jpg
alt="" />
Cone shot
Picture082.jpg
alt="" />
riser shot
Picture081.jpg
alt="" />

That's BEAST! You sure Brett didn't make that for you? :D

lol! That thing is going to rock! I think I might need to convert mine to one of these. I have a hammerhead, and I think sequence has the mod for it now.

Back