What do you use to cut eggcrate?

Yes, I assumed that some members would suggest that route, perhaps I'll video tape it.......

A Glock will shoot out the individual little legs and you can still use the eggcrate. A shotgun will blast the crate into small pieces and it makes it useless. Besides I own a Glock, gave my shotgun to my son.

Yup I cut mine with a pair of cutting pliers. Its slow and tedious but much more exact then the Claymore mine method.

Maybe I'm missing something here... but I use scissors. Seems to work just fine... :)

If some of you are suggesting the stuff I have can be cut with scissors or kitchen shears, we must have two different materials. The eggcrate I bought from Lowe's would riun a pair of scissors, and be murder on your hand..

Eggcrate is the stuff that is made to cover Florecent lights in commercial buildings. Right?

I'd use the Glock suggestion before I went with scissors. This stuff is heavy guage plastic

I used a jig saw when I cut some and had to put a new blade on to do that.

Dakota9;75224 wrote: If some of you are suggesting the stuff I have can be cut with scissors or kitchen shears, we must have two different materials. The eggcrate I bought from Lowe's would riun a pair of scissors, and be murder on your hand..

Eggcrate is the stuff that is made to cover Florecent lights in commercial buildings. Right?

I'd use the Glock suggestion before I went with scissors. This stuff is heavy guage plastic

Yup... that's the stuff. I cut it with a pair of scissors I got from Target for $5.

I cant believe I started this thread. I should have at least tried cutting before I started the thread because although the plastic looks very thick, it is soft and brittle. I cut the eggcrate in about 5 minutes using kitchen shears..

Fortunately, this isn't my first useless thread, it wont be my last.

Darn, I have about 40 of those hanging on the walls at my house.......

It would have given me a chance to finally use one of them!

:doh: :lol2: :huh: :shades:

Must be hungry started thinking how good eggcrate would be with baconcrate and toastcrate.

Back