What is this?

kirru

Market
Reaction score
I got a couple of live rock from a guy who lives out in Midway, down near Savannah, and he had a couple of anenomes taking up residence on it, i noticed one but turns out there were 2 more that I didnt know about.

What are they? and is it reef safe? Thanks!

1130082306a.jpg
alt="" />
1130082306.jpg
alt="" />

Right now they are sitting in my refugium away from everything so if in fact it isnt safe then I can keep it separate.

They look nice, picture lies ;) so what you guys think?

looks like some sort of nem... without knowing size or seeing the tentacles it is hard to tell what type.

ok, when they put them out fully I'll try to get a good pic, they are nems I do kno that just dont kno what kind.

They were on some very nice sized rocks but had fallen off during transport so i just stuck them in the fuge and the live rock in a bucket with saltwater, not sure what I am going to do with it, I might end up putting it in the 30t with everything else from this nano into it. thanks again chrisjet. now i am looking for a stand and thinking about how to do my sump and type of pump

how bout these? i had to adjust them physically to get a better pic, they didnt sting which i am assuming is good. but if I am correct the center is the mouth and it is huge.

are these good or do I need to get more?

Thanks again ya'll

the two smaller ones are about a quarter and a half in size while the big one looks to be about 2in in diameter
also, the upper little one has a greenish tint to the tentacles and the lower little one as kinda like a pinkish whitish color to the tentacles. the big one does seem to be wanting open up at the moment.

downsized_1130082335.jpg
alt="" />
downsized_1130082336.jpg
alt="" />
downsized_1130082336a.jpg
alt="" />
downsized_1130082336b.jpg
alt="" />

Ok cool, I'm gonna keep an eye on them and leave them in the fuge for a few more days. How would you feed these guys?

buy raw frozen shrimp, unfreeze a shrimp and feed them each a half of a shrimp. Just place it near the mouth. You don't have to feed them if you have good lighting. What lights are you running?

Current Dual Satellite, 40w a piece, here is the link for more specific specs, model 1012

a>

look like condys too me as well i would not but them in a tank with fish

if they are condies why would you not put them with fish i have one that is 6" across and he never bothers my fish i keep him well feed

Codys have been known to frequently prey on fish, your may not but his may.

jgilley84;250103 wrote: i think its just like a eel if you feed it well it wont try to eat any fish you dont want it to

That would assume that a nem has higher brain fuction to decide if it wanted to eat something, which it does not. Nems know one thing, try to sting anything that it touches and then eat whatever it stings. A Nem does not know when his next meal will come, or what it is that he is touching/stinging. They just do not function that way.

well ok your right but i have had no problem with mine. and as long as you put them in with fish that are not super small it should be fine just keep an eye on them i mean they are what 1" now so there sting cant be that bad. right or wrong brandon?

well, it would be housed with 2 firefish and a dragon goby in a ten gallon till I get my 30g tall up and running then they will be placed in there along with the 3 fish as well. also got a couple of frags as well

They seem to have opened up a little more. The bigger one sure has at least. Hope these are good too.

downsized_1201081208.jpg
alt="" />
downsized_1201081208a.jpg
alt="" />
1201081158.jpg
alt="" />

Yup definatly Condy's. I would just put them into your tank with the knoweledge that they may, or may not kill your fish. More than likely you'll be fine, but you never know...

I'll probably just leave them in the fuge till I get the 30 going after a while, that way I'll now for sure they have room to move around and possibly not hurt anything else.

Back