What is your reef temperature?

rdnelson99;1015329 wrote: At the moment..... Cold. Power has been out for 14 hours

Ouch. We had a weird power blip this morning but it was just a second.

ATLfun;1039545 wrote: New to the hobby (two weeks), but my 28 gallon nano tank just naturally starts at about 79.4 in the morning with no LEDs on and rises to about 80.7 with the LEDs on and then back down when off.

I have no interest in adding the cost of a chiller so it is what it is- C'est la vie.

How hot do you keep the room that the tank is in?

I think you will be just fine, even if you tank goes to 81. Like you can see in the poll, that isn't too crazy of a temperature and as long as it stays relatively constant, you should be fine. Temperature swings are more important than the actual reading as long as you are close to a natural temp.

If that room doesn't get too much hotter (and I really doubt it will), you should be just fine. Welcome to ARC!

Mine's been running 79-81 this summer ever since I put the T5s on my tank. We keep our house a little warmer though. I may toss another fan on it if it creeps up any more.

Mine 210 broke 82.5f by the end of the day after the 320w's of T5's kicked on. Guess I should dig out my old clip on fan and let it run when the supplemental T5's kicked on now.

DavidinGA;1040116 wrote: Mine 210 broke 82.5f by the end of the day after the 320w's of T5's kicked on. Guess I should dig out my old clip on fan and let it run when the supplemental T5's kicked on now.

That's a good idea. 82 is about as high as I'd let my tank get.

My heater is connected to my Reefkeeper Elite and stays within 0.5 of 78 almost all of the time. The only time that it doesn't is when we have the AC off, like right now, and you have a nice day and the house heats up, which you can see on the graph below the time the house got warmer.

Back