What lights do you use? - PLEASE VOTE

Chinese LED's- MarsAqua 165W full spectrum. I have a mixed reef with softies, LPS, and SPS all great results. (Although I have no experience with any other kind of lights to compare lol)

I use mr120 full spectrum Chinese led with great success for 6,months with no complaints and just purchased another for a new system , I don't think you can spend 100$ on lighting for a reef and have it go much further than on these lights for the cost.

Kessil A360W. Much better since I dropped the intensity. I was burning my SPS before but now they're getting their color back.

lol, all i have to say is this club has some well lit tanks! I mean we seriously go to eleven, like 1 brighter. The poll is around 125% of people lol!

I bought some China leds and was really impressed at first. But since I went to sps dominant I've noticed after 3 years of leds the growth is there but not the colors. I've since added my halides to the mix and eventually will go to halide t5 combo and ditch the leds

Reefbreeder Photon 48. I love the look in the tank, especially when it's mostly blue but I bleached a lot of my more sensitive stuff, like a scolly and a lobo.

I've got it ramped down now and hope for some good recovery.

I'm running a diy led setup. Built around 4 bxra (23 watt) 4000k neutral white emitters. Surrounding those are a mix of royal blue, cool blue, cyan, lime green, violet and hyper-violet 3w leds.

June will be two years under this setup and I am very pleased with growth and color. I have an acro that started as a twig and is now basketball size. LPS and softies on the sandbed are doing well also.:up:

Just added a reef brite xho actinic strip to the 6bulb t5 and it's made a world of difference. Looks awesome!

Not super clean looking since it's black and the fixture silver but the lighting combo can probably only be beat by the ATI powermodule hybrid and I'm not spending $2k plus for that.

tonymission;1013560 wrote: Just added a reef brite xho actinic strip to the 6bulb t5 and it's made a world of difference. Looks awesome!

Not super clean looking since it's black and the fixture silver but the lighting combo can probably only be beat by the ATI powermodule hybrid and I'm not spending $2k plus for that.

Ive been contemplating the same thing, worth it I take it. I might have to take the plunge.

NorthGaHillbilly;1013595 wrote: Ive been contemplating the same thing, worth it I take it. I might have to take the plunge.

They're more expensive than I expected they'd be... Time will tell. Easy to mount.

Pretty minimal, but good bulbs and reflectors. Can't tell you anything more than i love how it looks. I'm using a GE 6500k bulb in the mix and the blues wash out the yellow and add some pop. Corals are happy so far.

bones305;1013038 wrote: I am Currently running Ocean Revive T247.. I am seeing Great growth on my mixed reef with Softies,LPS and SPS

Happy to read this! I bought 2 for my new build.:yay::yay:

I like halides with LED actinics. Currently have T5 actinics but will be replacing them soon.

Going full LED is still not cost effective for me. They last 10 years, and when you factor in electrical costs, bulb replacements and everything I would break even at 10 years vs my halides and T5's. Plus Im still not convinced you get full spectrum light out of LED's over halides.

I get good growth, and I dont have heat issues so Ill stick with halides.

Nickh06;1012756 wrote: I am curious to see what lights people are having the most success with. I have tried a few and have my opinions. Please vote and share your experience.

i would define success.:) a thriving tank with sustained growth over a few years ?

tonymission;1013615 wrote: They're more expensive than I expected they'd be... Time will tell. Easy to mount.

Pretty minimal, but good bulbs and reflectors. Can't tell you anything more than i love how it looks. I'm using a GE 6500k bulb in the mix and the blues wash out the yellow and add some pop. Corals are happy so far.

Tony,

Did you get my PM about the ATI fixtures?

Back