What should be done when power goes out?

i agree. even one of the small battrey powered air pumps will help. You can proabably find them at one of the local LFS or pet stores.

Maybe! I think there is a pretty high mortality rate in the shipping process. Plu there is a lot of life in your tank that could start producing a lot of amonia once anything starts dying. I'd at least try to get a battery powered air pump going for some water movement and gas exchange.

Akopley;326469 wrote: Power has been out in lilburn since 10:30. The corals and fish survived in bags shipping so I'm assuming anything under 24 hours should be ok. Am I wrong in this assumption?

Oh yeah, big time wrong. You sandbed and LR will consume the oxygen in the water in no time. You need to get some water moving or at least an airstone in the tank ASAP.

<span style="font-family: Arial Black">Bud, I lost my power as well. Then I had spurts of the power being on and off. The worst part was that the storm tore my shed apart. Thankfully I have a good neighbor across the street that helped me get the contents of the shed into the garage. </span>
<span style="font-family: Arial Black">The traffic light at the corner of Old Snellville and Sugarloaf is still out, I can see it blinking from my backyard.</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial Black"></span>
<span style="font-family: Arial Black">This was one wicked storm, I hope we are in the clear now.</span>

Budsreef;326430 wrote: Bob just called, his power is back but he is going to continue to run on the generator for a while to make sure it stays on.

We've heard from another friend in Lawrenceville who has been without power for a couple of hours so keeping my fingers crossed here.

Out in yorkville we were able to avoid the outages today..my sister on the other hand(4 miles away) if without power...but she had a tree come down in the yard and tear the lines down..But Dallas is without last I heard

I had a huge hardwood come down in my yard today about 10 am. completely blocked my street and access to about 18 homes in my neighborhood. I got my chainsaw and myself and a neighbor cut branches and cleared half the road.

Now I need a tree guy to cut up and haul off the rest of the tree.
Dave

I had to string out my inverter again this afternoon, luckily I was home for lunch when the power dipped, it was out about 90 mins. I have a 150 watt inverter that is just enough to run my return and power heads through a UPS (ups isnt strong enough to run the return on its own and the inverter struggles so they help each other.). I really need to get a dedicated backup that is large enough and a controller or something that'll email/txt me.

But anyway, in a pinch, a trip to autozone/walmart for a large enough inverter may be as good as a generator in most cases, just remember to start the car every now and then to top off the battery!

Back