what should be my next investment

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
what should be my next investment
set of vortechs
4 tunze6055 and controller
or kalk stirerand calcium reactor

hey Victor...if you or only looking for one I would go with the tunze's ...man I want them

it is going to be mostly all sps corals and yes blind you just dont pick one how easys that

also i have flow in my tank at the monent i have a 6080 and a 6045 and my return is about 650 gal per hour only thing is that it is not controllable flow

I would go with the Tunze and the controller if I were you and then you can let me know how you like them because I have started putting things together for my new tank and was looking at almost the same setup.

Victor626nj;143814 wrote: it is going to be mostly all sps corals and yes blind you just dont pick one how easys that

its not so i just chose vortechs since i like their wave action better.

tough choice for you. 2 vote each.
I say cal since it going to be mainly SPS. Those thing eat up cal so fast

that is kind of the way i am thinking it that i will get the kalk and calcium reactors then get the powerheads since i already have flow covered ......and this way i wont have to worry about doseing anything

An investment would imply that you are going to get a return :)

Xyzpdq0121;143864 wrote: A job and then maybe a college fund for a kid or two in the future...
thats already taken care of ....now baack to my reef tank

go with the CA reactor....and look for a used setup. I think I pieced mine together for around 250. Flow is good and all but do you really need controllable flow???? Nah, not really....but a constant with CA and ALK.....now thats a good investment ;)

I have a Ca+ reactor (MRC) FS if youre seriously considering buying one...

Cal reactor is the way to go, dosing every day sucks. And once it is dialed in your cal and alk will say solid and thats what you need with SPS.

tsciarini;143959 wrote: I have a Ca+ reactor (MRC) FS if youre seriously considering buying one...
i am thinking about it but i want the whole system regulator controller co2 everything ......im also gonna get a kalk stirer to keep my ph up ....ill pm you when i get the money together for it

The Nilsen and Calcium reactors are the way to go. Like you already said, you already have your flow covered.

Back