what should be my next investment

DannyBradley;143977 wrote: The Nilsen and Calcium reactors are the way to go. Like you already said, you already have your flow covered.
yeah i guess the wavemaker pumps are just a luxury

It really depends on how high your calcium/alk demands are right now. I got away with just kalkwasser for a long time which didn't require daily dosing... and then started dosing 2 part when that was no longer sufficient. I did get tired of dosing so I went with a CR and love it for the time being.

As such, I would get the kalk first and then flow and then the CR when necessary.

Xyzpdq0121;143864 wrote: A job and then maybe a college fund for a kid or two in the future...

First choice above. :thumbs:

Second choice calc reactor.

Aquabuys has a good deal on a starter kit for calcium reactors. I'm loving mine.

FutureInterest;144019 wrote: Aquabuys has a good deal on a starter kit for calcium reactors. I'm loving mine.
yeah i konw but a little bird told me he was going to be getting in some new calcium reactors so if i dont go with a used system i might go with that

I would have to agree with a few of the others and say Ca Rx. Trying to keep the Alk/ Ca levels up would be tough without it.

My new 90 gal is just starting up, it has 2 6055's (AquaSurf should arrive today) and a Vortech wireless. My return pump is a Eheim 1262, but it goes through alot of bends and my chiller before ever reaching the tank. As soon as its aquascaped I'll post a few pic's and let you know about the flow. So far the Vortech is on the left side and I have one of the 6055's in the right rear corner pushing diagonally. Second may go on the side of the overflow, not sure yet. UPS is holding up my progress!

I think if somebody votes in a poll even if they don't post, it brings it back to the top. Here's hoping the "meeting night" one finally disappears...

Back