What to do about a bully

gajeep94yj

Market
Reaction score
I have an orchids Doty back that is becoming more and more of a bully every day. He has gotten to the point he won't let my fire fish away from the top of the tank. He keeps wanting to chase after him if he does.

The first problem is he hides in a cave when ever I get near the tank so I have no idea how to catch him.

The second problem is what to do with him after (if) I catch him. Pure reef said they would take him for a small store credit. Is that the best plan?

Any chance he will chill out? Or is it more likely he will just keep getting worse? I hate to lose him because he is one of the most colourful fish I have.

i would get rid of him.they dont get along with others.it will more than likly get worse.

I had to banish our dottyback to the fuge. He is the meanest fish I have ever seen. He was responsible for four of our fish committing suicide. Lol

GaJeep94YJ;1024792 wrote: How did he kill them?

And how do I catch him?

He made them jump out of the tank. I saw him do it several times and was lucky to be there to throw the fish back in. Sadly I missed a few. I saw him to it to shrimp as well. Lol. Keep in mind, we were new to reefing when we bought him as our 1st fish and that was our first mistake.
I used an aquamedic fish trap. Works like a charm.

prod_display.cfm

I can see that. I have a glass top on mine and I have heard fire fish hit the glass.

His cave is in the base rock and he has completely removed all the sand from underneath it and has several ways to get in it. I just covered a few of the holes to try to limit his options.

Have you tried putting a mirror up to the tank. I have a small one I use blue painters tape to hod in place when introducing a new fist to an established tank ( have a 6 line thats a real stinker).

Lol! I know how frustrating that is and it stresses everyone out! Gajeep were you In nemos today? I over heard someone talking about their horrible dotty back too.

I've seen a few orchids play nice in an aquarium. But when they don't, all hell breaks loose!

Good luck with catching that clown!

I had to give my neon away. You can probably chase it into a rock and pull the rock out.

There jerk fish unless it's all alone it needs like a pair of maroon clowns to beat it up

Back