What would you do?

kzoo

Market
Reaction score
I have a problem with my current tank one of the seams started to leak. I was able to seal it up temporary but it needs to be taken apart and resealed. Not sure if I should attempt to do this or just replace the tank, so far my options are.

1. Current tank- 40xw40x20 (reseal tank)

2. New 120 will need stand

3. Used 120 -not perfect- with stand

4. 180 good shape but has large center brace right in middle of the tank, has basic stand.

5. Get out and say screw it!

This happened at a bad time so kind of on a budget.

2 is out because of budget, 5 is out because we don't allow quitters, 1 is shaky because if it fails again it could lead to thoughts of 5, and I've already explained that one. So, it comes down to space available. Budget could rule out 4.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have the space and not much different in money for #4 and #2 . But worried about not liking the large center brace on #4.

Is it the typical plastic center brace, or something the current owner modified? Or, is it glass? My 75g had a fairly large, plastic center brace and it didn't effect the lighting, if that's your concern. I had a 48" T5 on it, and there were no discernable shadows.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I wouldn't re-seal. Too much risk. New might be out of the budget.

Really it's a decision only you can make, because only you know your circumstances.

Jenn

I picked up a very nice 180 , and so the new build starts!

Back