What's the big deal with SPS?

yea that would be the smart and most logical choice... of course that's not what I use!:)

echinatl;255214 wrote: I do SPS because it's easy!

Yep...sure is...until reality sets in. Like today--after I read this thread I went down to look at the tank and saw one of my digi frags that had color yesterday was pure white! Easy peasy!:unsure: Just makin' Calcium Reactor Media!

dough;255327 wrote: A few of those are tough SPS to keep. How long have you had them? I've always like the Phil's Granulosa. Never seen the Borealis.....

I love the phils as well, but I have never bought it. I am afraid it will grow very slow, and be even harded to keep.

ok so is there any SPS that would survive under PCs? i was just looking at live aquaria and some SPS say moderate lighting. what exactly do they mean by moderate? maybe im just jealous of the reefers who have big powerful lights and can keep these kinds of corals... maybe ill try a frag and see for myself.. if of course there are any SPS that i could keep

I'd say some montipora would do fine under PCs, depending on how new you keep the lamps and how you place teh coral. Someone could prob. give you some cap for cheap or freet to try. Unfortunatly I have no cap. I need to get some actually.

Back