What's your favorite fish that you're currently keeping... and why?

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
So... for me my favorite fish seems to change. Right now it's my blonde naso tang. He loves bubble algae... not the big ones which I don't have... but the little ones. Eats them like candy and goes after them very aggressively. It's a joy to watch :).

Seeing as I only have three total between my two tanks (six line wrasse, yellow clown goby, and a possum wrasse), I'm going to go with my six line wrasse. He/she ate all of the flatworms (haven't seen any for weeks) and it has been a while since I saw bristle worms too. And it is always out in the open swimming around and hunting for things to eat around the rocks.

I’ll give a second vote for blonde naso tangs. I just find mine to be so beautiful, with a voracious appetite for algae. He doesn’t antagonize other fish, but dominates the tank peacefully.

However, prior to that, my favorite was my old Midas Blenny who passed away of old age last year. They bring so much personality and movement to a tank.

Does anybody here keep any anthias long term and consider them their favorite? I wonder if I would view them as a ‘filler’ fish after a couple years.

I’ll give a second vote for blonde naso tangs. I just find mine to be so beautiful, with a voracious appetite for algae. He doesn’t antagonize other fish, but dominates the tank peacefully.

However, prior to that, my favorite was my old Midas Blenny who passed away of old age last year. They bring so much personality and movement to a tank.

Does anybody here keep any anthias long term and consider them their favorite? I wonder if I would view them as a ‘filler’ fish after a couple years.

Same with my naso. He's the boss of the tank but does it with class. Anthias dominant tanks take a lot of feeding but wow they are gorgeous. I know a few folks that are really into them. I just don't have the time to feed them as much as they typically require to thrive.

I would have to go with clown goby as of right now. He is in my bedroom tank right by the pillow I sleep on. If I am in the room he always hangs out like he is suction cupped to the glass on my side of the tank. I like to think it is because he likes me but in reality it is probebly because he always begs for food. :)

Back