Which return pump is best?

SaltwaterPhoenix

Supporting
Reaction score
I've recently acquired a 40 gallon cube with a ~20 gallon sump with about 4.5 ft of piping.

I currently have an Evo (13.5 gal) so the whole sump thing is new to me.

What size/brands/GPH of return pumps would you advise? Brownie points for links!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I had a jebao/jecod in my previous tanks with nonissue and quiet. I bought a current eflux that was more than double the price and it was loud!!! In my frag I run a sicce pump that is supposed to be reliable, but again loud for its size.

My new tank, I’m running a Skimz pump and when I tested it, it is whisper quiet.

So, I would go with a jebao/jecod or if you can find a cheap skimz pump, not sure if they make a small one tho

I had a jebao/jecod in my previous tanks with nonissue and quiet. I bought a current eflux that was more than double the price and it was loud!!! In my frag I run a sicce pump that is supposed to be reliable, but again loud for its size.

My new tank, I’m running a Skimz pump and when I tested it, it is whisper quiet.

So, I would go with a jebao/jecod or if you can find a cheap skimz pump, not sure if they make a small one tho
Thanks! I'll check it out! Any recommendations on GPH?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I’ve used Eheims for years. As an AC pump I have complete trust in them. They last decades!

For the new build I’ve chosen Reef Octopus Varios pumps, due to being Apex controllable DC pumps & reputation for reliability.

i use and am happy with the DC pumps from SR Aquaristik. They surely aren’t “the best”, but they perform well, are affordable for the quality, and the customer service can’t be beat.

Back