Who is this snail and why does he park on my...

rskillz

Market
Reaction score
Watermelon Zoas?

He was in my 28 JBJ nano, where I found him parked on the same zoas from the same colony that I fragged to put into that tank. I take him off, stick him on some algae, come back later, there he is again, ***?

THEN, I say "Ok Mr. Snail, I'll just throw you in my main tank since you refuse to do anything another than loiter on my zoas."

Today, guess what? Parked on my watermelon zoas in my main tank. What gives? lol

Funny thing is, he doesn't look like a pyramid zoa eating snail, and the zoas don't show any damage yet.

Ideas? Is he just in love with the color scheme? Lazy? A zoa eating secret weapon??

Top right of photo.

IMG_0292.jpg
alt="" />

Look up sundial snails. They east zoas. Could be one of those.

SuperClown;591471 wrote: When your ready to frag some of those let me know

Will do, they are a nice Zoa and grow like a weed. It's amazing how fast they grow compared to other Zoas. Seems like a new head every other day at least.

As for now, the snail has been banished to isolation in the sump with his only cellmate being a 2 inch rock. I'm sure a little darkness and alone time will make him confess :lol2:

I can't see the snail in the pic but if it's a Sundial, the flapper is cone-shaped and sticky (the little bit of shell that closes over the opening when the snail retreats inside).

If it's a Sundial, remove it post haste and check all your zoa colonies for more. They are zoa eaters.

Jenn

Back