Why are my lps corals so sad?

NanCrab

Supporting
Reaction score
Normally my frogspawn and hammer and green star, and green hairy mushroom and bubble corals are all puffy and full and gorgeous. At this time of night the feeder tentacles are also usually out and flowing. Nothing is completely contracted but nothing is full and happy either. PO4 0.12; NO3 5-10; T 79; pH 8.2

I just can’t figure it out and it’s just all of a sudden. Any thoughts?

Irritant in the air possibly. Did you do a water change recently or have your hands in the tank? Did you dose or treat with anything new or different? Change light settings possibly?

Irritant in the air possibly. Did you do a water change recently or have your hands in the tank? Did you dose or treat with anything new or different? Change light settings possibly?
Yes I added back T5’s and because I just had major surgery fell asleep and they were on all night long. They’re back on a timer now. Everything seems back to normal with the exception of the green hairy mushroom, green star polyp and hammer. They usually just get huge and full but are still only partially open. Nothing else has changed. I don’t supplement, same foods And I did do a water change recently ~15 gallons

Yes I added back T5’s and because I just had major surgery fell asleep and they were on all night long. They’re back on a timer now. Everything seems back to normal with the exception of the green hairy mushroom, green star polyp and hammer. They usually just get huge and full but are still only partially open. Nothing else has changed. I don’t supplement, same foods And I did do a water change recently ~15 gallons
My guess is it’s the lighting being on for too long. Give things some time to acclimate from the light change (could take a couple weeks). Either way the corals that you’re having issues with aren’t rare and can easily be replaced if they end up not making it.

Back