Why should I become a member?

frantz

Market
Reaction score
I've just renewed my membership for the third year and can honestly say that no other club has ever offered me so much in return! I typically have no trouble paying $30 to join a club whose activities I support or wish to take part in but the ARC has the best advantages for any hobby! I thought I'd write a few obvious reason everyone who lives anywhere in the ATL area should join now that Christmas gifts are paid for! I know this info is redundant, but no everyone reads the reasons to join...

* 10% at sponsor stores. It's hard not to spend $300 a year in this hobby and when you need something you sure can't wait for shipping regardless of how fast it comes.

* 3 free frags at swap meet! Okay, the number isn't set in stone, but in my last two years it's been there and many of our long time well to do members donate some really nice coral for this event. Often each frag as a retail of above $30.

* free entry to raffles at club meetings. Yes, anyone is welcome to the meetings, but the folks that win door prizes seem to get their membership money back!

* For sale access. Is that xenia starting to take over? Frag it and sell it! You'll get your membership dues back in no time with an established tank without becoming a commercial seller. It's a great way to meet folks and also help other new members out or a way to clean up your tank.

In the end, if you have a reef tank and don't get your $30 back from this membership, you're doing it wrong!

I'm going to sign up today. Looking for instructions as we speak...

I live in Alabama, but, everybody I've met online make it worth it to me... I'd love to support this club...

Frantz;823442 wrote: I've just renewed my membership for the third year and can honestly say that no other club has ever offered me so much in return! I typically have no trouble paying $30 to join a club whose activities I support or wish to take part in but the ARC has the best advantages for any hobby! I thought I'd write a few obvious reason everyone who lives anywhere in the ATL area should join now that Christmas gifts are paid for! I know this info is redundant, but no everyone reads the reasons to join...

* 10% at sponsor stores. It's hard not to spend $300 a year in this hobby and when you need something you sure can't wait for shipping regardless of how fast it comes.

* 3 free frags at swap meet! Okay, the number isn't set in stone, but in my last two years it's been there and many of our long time well to do members donate some really nice coral for this event. Often each frag as a retail of above $30.

* free entry to raffles at club meetings. Yes, anyone is welcome to the meetings, but the folks that win door prizes seem to get their membership money back!

* For sale access. Is that xenia starting to take over? Frag it and sell it! You'll get your membership dues back in no time with an established tank without becoming a commercial seller. It's a great way to meet folks and also help other new members out or a way to clean up your tank.

In the end, if you have a reef tank and don't get your $30 back from this membership, you're doing it wrong!

I just joined for all of those reasons.......except Xenia, I'm kinda over Xenia ;)

Well worth it to me and I live nowhere close to Atlanta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, I joined to help support this forum. I got a lot out of it and know there are costs associated with running a forum (I run several). It was a way to give back to those who gave to me. Everything else (noted in post 1) is just icing on the cake.

I joined because of what I saw members were willing to do for others in this hobby. Took all of about three days to see that. While I have received everything mentioned in the previous post the biggest return on my investment has been community. I grew up in a small town. Everyone knew your business and they cared about it. That is what ARC is like. Everyone knows your tank, fish and corals and they care how they are doing. That is golden.

I see threads about the benefits, and such, but nothing with instructions to sign up. I'm at work, and surfing incognito style. Anybody got any quick links they can send so I can sign up real quick without getting caught surfing at the office (dang government monitoring (and I got paid to set up the monitoring. Hiding myself from my own implementation. LOL))?

CedzAquAddiction;823457 wrote: I see threads about the benefits, and such, but nothing with instructions to sign up. I'm at work, and surfing incognito style. Anybody got any quick links they can send so I can sign up real quick without getting caught surfing at the office (dang government monitoring (and I got paid to set up the monitoring. Hiding myself from my own implementation. LOL))?

Now that is to funny. At least you know the loop holes. Lol

CedzAquAddiction;823457 wrote: I see threads about the benefits, and such, but nothing with instructions to sign up. I'm at work, and surfing incognito style. Anybody got any quick links they can send so I can sign up real quick without getting caught surfing at the office (dang government monitoring (and I got paid to set up the monitoring. Hiding myself from my own implementation. LOL))?

So I am paying you to surf ARC???? Get back to work!!!!! LOL

a>

I joined after seeing that the members are actually friendly and helpful. Tried some of the other forums and in both cases wanted to choke one of the other members within a couple weeks. ARC members actually care about each other!

MrFlameangel;823459 wrote: Now that is to funny. At least you know the loop holes. Lol

:shades:

rdnelson99;823461 wrote: So I am paying you to surf ARC???? Get back to work!!!!! LOL

:spank:

Edit:
JeF4y;823462 wrote: http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/arcsignup.php">http://www.atlantareefclub.org/forums/arcsignup.php</a>[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Man. Going there now!!!

CedzAquAddiction;823506 wrote:

:spank:

Typical Govt. Worker. You ask them to do a little work for the money you are paying them and they attack you. JK hehehehehehehe

rdnelson99;823455 wrote: I joined because of what I saw members were willing to do for others in this hobby. Took all of about three days to see that. While I have received everything mentioned in the previous post the biggest return on my investment has been community. I grew up in a small town. Everyone knew your business and they cared about it. That is what ARC is like. Everyone knows your tank, fish and corals and they care how they are doing. That is golden.

+1

You said it perfect!
ARK members are golden!

&lt;--- Look. I'm in!!! See the &quot;ARC Member&quot; symbol?!?!?!??!?!?

Seriously: I joined for the people here. The perks are just extra...

CedzAquAddiction;823518 wrote: &lt;--- Look. I'm in!!! See the &quot;ARC Member&quot; symbol?!?!?!??!?!?

Seriously: I joined for the people here. The perks are just extra...

Fantastic. Now we can teach you the secret hand shake (Don't tell Dylan though, he still thinks it has to do with shaking your nether regions. We all get a big laugh out of it each time he does it). :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Back