Why should I become a member?

We're just a bunch of dudes shaking our nether regions at each other. Nothin wrong with that!

Lol funny short story: the first time I was exposed to the arc was at the 2011 frag swap. I had a BLAST! Later that day, I was on the phone with my dad and said, "I just got back from the ARC frag meeting and had a great time. I think I am going to join the club."

Over the phone, my dad didn't hear the pronunciation of the letter "R" in the word frag.... It took him a minute, as well as further explanation before we were on the same page again.

Ripped Tide;825004 wrote: We're just a bunch of dudes shaking our nether regions at each other. Nothin wrong with that!

Lol funny short story: the first time I was exposed to the arc was at the 2011 frag swap. I had a BLAST! Later that day, I was on the phone with my dad and said, "I just got back from the ARC frag meeting and had a great time. I think I am going to join the club."

Over the phone, my dad didn't hear the pronunciation of the letter "R" in the word frag.... It took him a minute, as well as further explanation before we were on the same page again.

LOL. I can see the look on his face even though I have never met him. Bet his first thought was "so that's what all this long hair is about". LOL

rdnelson99;825008 wrote: LOL. I can see the look on his face even though I have never met him. Bet his first thought was "so that's what all this long hair is about". LOL

2011 I had short hair! My pops has long hair too. He's a funny old man.

748... 52 to go.

I might be pre-cutting it. My friends daughter is in remission(woo-HOO!!!) but she is bald as can be. I am looking into getting it chopped and seeing what I can do to make something happen.

Ripped Tide;825012 wrote: 748... 52 to go.

I might be pre-cutting it. My friends daughter is in remission(woo-HOO!!!) but she is bald as can be. I am looking into getting it chopped and seeing what I can do to make something happen.

Remission is awesome! Glad to hear it! The locks of love program is a great thing. All my sister-in-laws shaved their heads in support of my mother-in-laws breast cancer. Pretty awesome when a sixteen year old girl is willing to shave her head for charity.

Ripped Tide;825012 wrote: 748... 52 to go.

First off I am so happy for her. :). I say do it. You have accomplished your goal. Arc will do fine with or without your membership drive but adults and kids will benefit in a much more important way. Besides, you then can start on round two. :)

So the question is: should I let my wife cut it? She's a dog groomer. I figure that's semi-appropriate. :)

Ripped Tide;825019 wrote: So the question is: should I let my wife cut it? She's a dog groomer. I figure that's semi-appropriate. :)

I say go for it, even though your nether region shaking is going to lose a lot of its effect by not having the long hair to whip back and forth ;)

I've been cutting my own hair for years. Sure it looks stupid sometimes, but it's cheap as free!

Good to hear Dylan. Reach out to Jenn. I know she had done this a couple of times and I seem to remember her saying there was a reason she had to find the right person to cut it. Something to do with how it is cut affects if they can use the hair I think. But as usual, I could be totally wrong.

I heard my name?

I have only donated my hair once - last May (my hair grows really slowly). I went to Fantastic Sam's - they have a donation box, so they tied it up, braided it, cut it off and then made the rest of the hair on my head look civilized again.

One thought that was brought to me after the fact - Locks of Love may charge for the wigs... I didn't know that. I am not positive about that either - somebody told me afterwards. There are organizations that donate the wigs - I didn't do any further research on that since it was already a done deal by the time somebody told me. So you might want to research that further.

I would think that any hairdresser/barber can cut off your "surplus" and either give it back to you to donate to the charity of your choice, or make sure it gets to one - just ask around. I remember way back when my sister had her long locks cut and the braid was given to her - and later on she donated it to a cause.

I do know you have to have at least 10" of hair to cut off - they need that much to work with to fashion a wig. No perm/colour treatments.

579289_10150920840085140_653659465_n.jpg
alt="" />

I donated mine in memory of my ex-brother-in-law who lost his fight in February, and my Mom's best friend who lost her fight in March last year.

Jenn

Back