Would you fill this tank?

Seems to be 50/50 do it and don’t do it. It held water without any additional fixes for a week before I noticed. These tanks are freaking expensive and absolutely can’t afford to replace it with a new one unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was my tanks I would not use it in its current condition. I would however do the following to prevent an issues. The back compartment will not have the same stress on the seams as on the front seams of the tank. I would remove the false wall for access to the damage spot and cut away the caulking to accommodate a piece of glass about 1”x 3” x 1/4 or 3/8”. Basically a strip you can silicone from the inside to effectively cover the damage area and prevent any possibility of leaking or the seam letting go. Then just re silicone the false wall in place. Give it a few days to dry and the repair should be as good as new.

It’s more work but an effective fix. I’ve been designing all in one tanks since the late 1980’s and have removed may false walls to make my own filtration/fuge chambers. Feel free to come by and see my set ups and maybe get some ideas.

Last edited:
Back