Wrasse Owners

I have an unknown wrasse (its solid pink), a blue sided fairy wrasse and a mccoskers wrasse in a 60 gallon shallow reef. There was a lubbocks wrasse as well until I had a nitrate spike and I lost that one. I tried to introduce a new lubbocks and they did not accept it. But the 3 of them get along very well and with the other fish in the tank. What ever the pink one is, is the one that killed the new lubbocks when I added it. :(

Ringo®;1041885 wrote: Neither will stay in the tank very long without a lid. Start planning for one if you don't already have one.

Would egg crate work

LSU_fishFan;1041912 wrote: Would egg crate work

It's better than nothing, but they can still manage to find a way through. Mesh tops are the only way to be completely secure.

Ringo®;1041919 wrote: It's better than nothing, but they can still manage to find a way through. Mesh tops are the only way to be completely secure.

Or put mesh covers over the 3 holes in my canopy

I have a lunar in my fowlr. He's a maniac, trys to bully my clown trigger but doesn't get very far.

i have a newish 120,
2 clowns
2 exquisite wrasse, both male and they pick on my snails...i want a clam or two but i think they would munch on them.
1 Philippines lubbock male
1 mccosker's male
1 banggai cardinal
1 citron goby, i despise this fish, hes free if anyone can get him out of my tank.
1 whitecap goby and shrimp
2ish peppermint shrimp
1 fire shrimp

everything gets along besides the two exquisite wrasse messing around, they just chase each other and flash.

I have a melanurus and a six line. Melanurus doesnt bother anyone except the flatworms :wow2:, he is one of the biggest fish in the tank. I had a problem with my sixline chasing my maroons around but after I added the melanurus he stopped.

I have 40+ fish in my 300G display and all get along.

Black spot leopard wrasse
Mystery Wrasse
Rhomboid Fairy wrasse
Carpenter wrasse (male)
Carpenter wrasse (female)
Lineatus Fairy wrasse (super-male)
Lineatus Fairy wrasse (sub-male)
Splendid Pintail Fairy wrasse
Hooded Fairy wrasse (super-male)
Lubbock Fairy wrasse
Lunate Fairy wrasse

Gold Flake angel
Zebra Lyretail angel (male)
Zebra Lyretail angel (female)
Swallowtail angel (female)

Kole tang
Black tang
Purple tang
Desjordini tang

3x Sunburst anthias
Randall anthias
Red Saddle anthias
2x Blotchy anthias
2x One Stripe anthias
2x Cooper anthias
3x Dipar anthias
2x scribbled anthias

2x Flame cardinal
Cook's cardinal
Diamond gobie
Sagassum trigger
Banana fish (Sea Bream)

Ringo®;1041919 wrote: It's better than nothing, but they can still manage to find a way through. Mesh tops are the only way to be completely secure.

Not necessarily. I have glass tops with only a 1 square inch hole to run wiring through... Still lost a wrasse.

Since we are talking about wrasses.. do any of you know what kind this is? It is solid pink

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1042033=62740-uploadfromtaptalk1436449765379.jpg
>
1042033=62740-uploadfromtaptalk1436449765379.jpg
class="gc-images" title="uploadfromtaptalk1436449765379.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

JeffandKelly;1042033 wrote: Since we are talking about wrasses.. do any of you know what kind this is? It is solid pink

Beautiful trachy

Crew;1042038 wrote: looks like a female flasher wrasse or an anthias

Definitely not an anthias. It is very aggressive so I thought it was a male. But I can't find a wrasse that looks like it anywhere. It is definitely a wrasse though :)

Back