165 Restore

Nope, GE Silicone I, Kitchens and Bath contains mold inhibitors.

GE Silicone I, Windows and Doors or the new version, Window/Door/Attic/Basement does not contain mold inhibitors.

if im not mistaking, the ge II is the red tube. It contains the mold inhibitor. I got the ge I windows and doors.

can't we all just get along.... I never can understand why people don't just go to the GE Sealants website and post the information up...

FACT: all GE Silicone II detail pages list MOLD INHIBITOR as one of their features

FACT: all GE Silicone I detail pages do not list whether or not mold inhibitor is included (but doesn't specifically list it AS INCLUDED)

FACT: both the I & II come in a tube that is predominately red/white..

a>

yeah.. that's why I didn't risk it.. I just went with the AGA (all glass aquarium) sealant... it's practically the same cost and there's no guessing..

just got home for lunch and felt the inside silicone and its still hard. I think im good to go. Going to strip the trim, hindges, and knobs off the stand and paint it black.

So ive been thinking about it and i'd be crazy not to go ahead and brace the middle top while ive got it empty just for insurance. Now heres the question: What size glass should i get cut for this? How thick and how wide should i get it?

Took off the trim and doors and gave it a couple coats of paint today. Hopefully i can pick some molding today and get the stand finished up.
IMG_8459.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_8467.jpg
alt="" />

Finally finished the trim. Went ahead and took the front piece of wood off and replaced it also. All i have to do now is caulk, paint and put the hardware on and it will be done.

neighbors kid helping from the inside
IMG_8474.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_8477.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_8479.jpg
alt="" />

you might think about another door in the center (if you can)... it's going to be tough to reach anything in the middle to tweak/adjust/stop a leak should something occur...

it looks really good.. you'll be happy with it when you're done, I'm sure...

cnbridge;461304 wrote: What type of wood is that on the front. Stand looks great!

cant remember what kind wood, but it wasnt expensive, like 12 bucks for a 4 x 8 sheet

Rbredding;461422 wrote: you might think about another door in the center (if you can)... it's going to be tough to reach anything in the middle to tweak/adjust/stop a leak should something occur...

it looks really good.. you'll be happy with it when you're done, I'm sure...

I dont have sump, so the bottom will only be for storage use only. The way it was framed, it wasnt kinda impossible to have a third door without taking out a 2x4.

au01st;461498 wrote: This is gonna be a nice FO tank. You're going to make some tangs happy!

Thanks, its actually going to be a predator tank. Ive got a 3inch clown trigger thats goin in when ready

au01st;461877 wrote: Cool, well there are some mean tangs, so you could still fit one in.

Any suggestions on a large colorful tang that could hold his own? Ive been looking at sohals but they are pretty pricey.

So i got it filled yesterday. Im still waiting on the salt and sand cloudiness to go away and i also ordered a new heater so hopefull everything will be done by next week. Ive still got to get some glass tops made so my lights will have somewhere to sit on top. I threw my t-5's that are going on the tank just to see what they look like. I think it will be enough light for this tank

IMG_8523.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_8525.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_8529.jpg
alt="" />

165gal is HUGE...

unless you meant your 55" LCD TV there in the forefront... (which would make the aquarium appear E FRIGGIN NORMOUS..

Back