165 Restore

Youve done a commendable job...Patience is a virtue...for that Im jealous...Well done!

Rbredding;465507 wrote: 165gal is HUGE...

unless you meant your 55" LCD TV there in the forefront... (which would make the aquarium appear E FRIGGIN NORMOUS..
lol, was refering to my 55 tank, but yes it does look big behind the "50" plasma. I know my wifes ready to get the TV back off the floor.

tnyga;465538 wrote: Youve done a commendable job...Patience is a virtue...for that Im jealous...Well done!
Thanks for the kind words, it feels like ive have this project goin on 4ever.

bratliff;465566 wrote: It's looking great.
Thanks

bratliff;466239 wrote: I know this tank isn't drilled so, I was wondering what you are going to run as far as filtration, etc?

yea most predator fish are messy eaters. I would also like to know wat type of filtration you will be using.

The only livestock that will be in the tank for awhile is going to be my 3inch clown trigger. Im moving about 50+ lbs of live rock from my 55 gallon and i also have a canister that came with the tank that im seeding on the 55 before it goes on the 165. Im not looking to add many more fish, maybe a large puffer and thats it. Eventually over time, im hoping to add more rock.

Psh, pick up a deal on some of those fake corals on here. The clown will be tiny in there, get him some buds. You've got the room for some larger fish...use it!

au01st;466359 wrote: Psh, pick up a deal on some of those fake corals on here. The clown will be tiny in there, get him some buds. You've got the room for some larger fish...use it!

Ive got everything moved over today. Your right, I can hardly find him in there. Im selling a couple tanks this weekend, so ill have some funds to maybe get him a friend. Heres some pics after i got everything moved over. I've still got to get some tops made so the fixture will sit right.

IMG_8569.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_8571.jpg
alt="" />

I need some ideas on a puffer that will be able to hold his own with the clown. Something that will work for life and has got some color to him.

Looking Good! Just about any puffer should work fine... I like porcupines the best!

James S.;467818 wrote: Looking Good! Just about any puffer should work fine... I like porcupines the best!

I though porcupines were a little more reserved. Could one handle a clown trigger?

I found a Mapa puffer at the lfs today, but they want wayy too much for him. Hes just a little bit bigger than a nickel and they want 79.00 for him. Are they usually that much?

holy crap, they are expensive. He looked nothing like that unless they change from juvy. This one was solid black with white spots dotted all over him.

bratliff;468405 wrote: Well... on http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+39+252&pcatid=252">LiveAquaria</a> they sell for this.[/QUOTE]

Now that ^ is one wickedly cool looking fish!

Back