240g re-setup diary

Bleedingthought;104870 wrote: Chris, I think the aquascape looks good. I suppose you can't get any farther from the front panel, though? How many inches would you say you have there?

The rock is about 8-10" away from the front acrylic in these pictures - it's a bit deceiving because of the depth of the tank (26") and the wide angle of the camera lens.

I've since added a few rocks to the front to try to make a point to the acrylic, then blending it back to the large structure. I've also added sand (today at lunch) and the gigas- I'll take a picture when the water clears up a little from the sand.

Here are some updated pics. I added sand and my gigas. I finally got my 1000w's back up - looks much, much better now... :)

2076642384_5e74e51f88_o.jpg
alt="" />

2076642630_221b2af4c2_o.jpg
alt="" />

2076642468_2f8881fbb7_o.jpg
alt="" />

2075855041_863a9fb614_o.jpg
alt="" />

couldnt find a big clam, huh?

how do those rics do under the 1000's? I only have 400s, but i am paranoid to flood them with too much light.

jmaneyapanda;105710 wrote: couldnt find a big clam, huh?

Yeah, I had to settle on this little guy... :)

how do those rics do under the 1000's? I only have 400s, but i am paranoid to flood them with too much light.

Not well. I have to keep them in the corner or off to one side and out of the direct light. These just haven't been moved, although they seem to be ok on the light schedule right now...

Bleedingthought;105716 wrote: Why is there a gap in the molding right in the center of the canopy? :)

I haven't finished putting the moulding up on the canopy. The doors open so that it's completly open from the canopy through the moulding, not just a little space where the doors appear to be.

mojo;101859 wrote: Unfortunately, due to being packed into the small 140g tank, I've lost a good bit of my stuff- ranging from my basket-ball size green slimer...

If you want the green slimer again, I can frag you a piece of the one I got from you at the 2007 frag meeting.

See thats exactly what im talking about.... Chris can you give us an equipment list of what all your running on that tank? I cant seem to keep my sand bed that clean no matter what I do. Thanks in advance! Your tank is beautiful!

Sorry for the delay- I was out of town on vacation.

Thanks for the compliments. I've had some problems with Ich recently (see my other thread), so haven't changed too much in the main tank. I have been setting up and replacing some equipment.

When I get off my vacation high, I'll write up some more about the changes and new toys...

Chris and I were talking about that the other day when I was over...I think we guestimated around 5+

Yeah- really no way to know. It's a gigas, and is probably 12-14" from front to back.

TriGa: No updated pics - I've been working 100hr weeks recently, so not much has changed, although I did get a Chevron Tang yesterday...

chris that is a hot tank. how come he has not been nominted for tank of the month?

did you build the tank or find it somewhere?

Thanks for the compliments. Jin has asked about TOTM, and I've respecfully declined for now.

I had the tank built by MRC.

mojo;185314 wrote: Thanks for the compliments. Jin has asked about TOTM, and I've respecfully declined for now.

I had the tank built by MRC.

Yeah, I could see why you'd decline. Its only the most perfectly set up system in the world. No- galaxy. No- Universe. You suck.

I don't feel its right for the leaders (or even past leaders) to take the spotlight unless it's necessary, so I'm staying in the crowd for now, and will let others have a chance.

Besides, Jeremy, your tank still blows mine away...

mojo;185328 wrote: Besides, Jeremy, your tank still blows

Appropriate edit.

Normally, I'd agree, but this is is fun, and cathartic "event". Its a showcase rather than an award. And if you asked nicely, they would leave out the pics of the soloflex...

Lol- maybe when things settle down a bit (both with my tank and my own hectic schedule)...

Back