240g re-setup diary

Thats fine if you cant find the time to take pictures. Whenever you are free just post them up. I love your tank, and would like to see updates.

Sadly, no positive updates since my last post. I've had nothing but bad luck since my posts almost 6 months ago - I had a problem with flatworms, then clam dieoff, then algae, then poor PE and coral growth - on and on. I replaced my all my RO filter, changed salts, upgraded my skimmer, and I'm about to start replacing my rocks.

Currently, I'm having cyano problems, and I finally tested my nitrates at 40ppm (!). Oddly enough, all my corals have been mostly fine through the high nitrates. I've done a couple water changes and added my wife's new 300g tank to the mix with a bunch of new, fully cycled LR from Tony's tank, and in the past several days, the nitrates have dropped to 3-4ppm (as of today at noon). I'm also adding a chaeto fuge tonight...

On the flip side, her tank is coming along well. 300g tank (96" wide x 25" high x 30" deep), for mostly inverts, softies, and the occastional acro. She's going to have 16 54w T5's above it. All plumbed into the same system. When the lights are done, I'll be able to transfer some things around and change out the rocks in my tank.

I'll be documenting this change over the next couple of weeks, with pics.

I think he started another thread to document changing out the rocks in his tank. The most recent changes that resulted in poor Oz's injury are not finished yet so I don't think he has updated that yet.

My 300 is just plugging along doing good. Needs new lights - I plan to change from the T5's to 250 MH at some point. Unfortunately my tank is definitely on the back burner since I am 7 mo pregnant. No pictures coming any time soon of it!

jeep: I did another update when I swapped out my rock about 8 months ago. See it here:

showthread.php

Slightly off topic.....

I think I'd kill myself if I knew I had to come home to 680 gallons of hobby</em> everyday.</em>

I commend The Mojo's passion

Dakota9;394601 wrote: Slightly off topic.....

I think I'd kill myself if I knew I had to come home to 680 gallons of hobby</em> everyday.</em>

I commend The Mojo's passion

800g.... I don't have the 120g of water in the 300g sump included in my signature. Or the 60g in the fuge, or the 25g in the skimmer... I honestly look for ways to cut water OUT of the system when possible.

A 10% water change is... 80g. I will soon have a good system for doing 100g WC's very easily. That's two bags of salt...

Honestly, it's not much more maintenance than the average reef tank.

i know your probobly they guy with the most stuff todo in your life :p but if you have some time to work on your secent job let me know if i can help

Back