65 AGA build

Where did you get the reflectors and how much did it cost you? I've been wanting to get those for the longest time. Are they SE or DE? If they're DE, what wattage of lamp are they for?

Nice woodwork. :yes:

What are planning on outfitting those lumenarcs with?

ouling;129117 wrote: Where did you get the reflectors and how much did it cost you? I've been wanting to get those for the longest time. Are they SE or DE? If they're DE, what wattage of lamp are they for?

I got them from Hellolights
index.asp

sammy33;129158 wrote: Nice woodwork. :yes:

What are planning on outfitting those lumenarcs with?
Thanks! I have 175 watt Reeflux 10k's right now. I like the color as far as I can tell.

Here's a pic with the lights on. I know you can't tell a whole lot about the color, but it looks really white with a hint of blue.

P1193054.jpg
alt="" />" alt="" />

I got a few more goodies for the tank. I got this a while ago and it's causing quite a stir in my 37!

PC192969.jpg
alt="" />

Then I got some stuff from PA. I love them! I order on Sunday and get it on Wednesday!

P2133079.jpg
alt="" />

P2133083.jpg
alt="" />

I picked up a new impeller for my Sedra 9000 on my old ER so I could try the meshmod. I ordered this stuff from Marine Depot and was once again impressed by how fast it got here. I ordered on Sunday and got it on wednesday, but I did pay a little extra shipping to get it expedited.

P2133084.jpg
alt="" />

P2133085.jpg
alt="" />

I also got two buckets of reef Crystals from Drs. Foster and Smith, but didn't take pics of them ( you all know what they look like). The price of two buckets with shipping was only ~ $10 more than one bucket from some of my LFS's. The only complaint I have about DrF&S is how long it takes them to get orders out. I ordered on Sunday and didn't get it until Friday. Other than that the order was fine.

I now have 1 coat of a mixture of 1/3 tongue oil, 1/3 boiled linseed oil and 1/3 poly on the stand and canopy.

P2223103.jpg
alt="" />

P2223102.jpg
alt="" />

P2223105.jpg
alt="" />

I also picked up an ORA Chips acro. The pic is washed out from the flash because I was too lazy to break out the tripod.

P2223100.jpg
alt="" />

Well, one more coat of poly and it'll be ready to come in the house! I'll try to get some pics tonight. I should have a package coming tomorrow from F&S also (was supposed to be here Friday, but FedEx lost it and F&S had to reship).

My package finally came so I can show you what I've been waiting on.

P2263113.jpg
alt="" />

P2263114.jpg
alt="" />

Now I'm kind of confused though. I have some macro algae and other algae growing on the rocks, but I tested it twice and the results were .01 and .02. Could the algae be taking it up before it's released into the water or something?

I got a little done to the canopy to finish it up.

First I got my "quick disconnects" and hooked them up. I got plugs that were a little different than normal plugs so that no one accidently plugs one end into a socket.:D

P3023116.jpg
alt="" />

I picked up some stainless fender washers to help distribute the area the reflectors are attached by a little bit.

P3023117.jpg
alt="" />

P3023118.jpg
alt="" />

I then got some wire hangers to help tidy the back up a little bit.

P3023119.jpg
alt="" />

I got my dry baserock from Marco Rock and it is incredible!

Packaging was very good.

P3073120.jpg
alt="" />

P3073121.jpg
alt="" />

P3073122.jpg
alt="" />

I got two huge pieces, two a little smaller and a couple of small pieces. Here is 53lbs. in my 65.

P3073133.jpg
alt="" />

P3073134.jpg
alt="" />

P3073136.jpg
alt="" />

P3073135.jpg
alt="" />

P3073139.jpg
alt="" />

I have to say I am extremely happy!

I like the idea of going with base rock and seeding. If I ever did it again, I would probably go that route.

Thanks! I hope I'm cutting down on the number of pests and nuisance algaes introduced.

I got a few more goodies last week.
First, my moonlights from Neptune. As always, a wonderful shipment from PA!

P3133151.jpg
alt="" />

P3133152.jpg
alt="" />

Then I got a couple of these fans from F&S.

P3143153.jpg
alt="" />

Lastly, I got a photobox from the famous (or infamous depending on how you look at it:D ) Melev! I have to say I am very happy with it.

It was shipped to withstand a nuclear blast!

P3143154.jpg
alt="" />

P3143155.jpg
alt="" />

After I found it it was very nice!

P3143156.jpg
alt="" />

P3143157.jpg
alt="" />

Here are a few pics I took with the photobox. I need to work on my skills more (and get a macro lens :) ).

I picked this up from Jenn at Imagine Ocean a few months ago.

P3143168.jpg
alt="" />

I got this one from Reefer Madness a while ago.

P3143167.jpg
alt="" />

I got this ORA Chips acro from Marine Fish a few weeks ago.

P3143169.jpg
alt="" />

What do you have? I could probably get a 1 1/2" frag from the RM frag. Here's a pic from RM's site to show the potential.

RMDF_A_kimbeensis_glow.jpg
alt="" />

I got a rock lift made by a member on RC. I plan on having ~2" of sand in the tank, so this will keep the rock off the bottom. Hopefully this will help cleaners keep the sand clean and keep burrowers from collapsing the rockwork.

rock-lift-1.jpg
alt="" />

rock-lift-2.jpg
alt="" />

rock-lift-3.jpg
alt="" />

rock-lift-4.jpg
alt="" />

I can't decide whether or not to break up the bigger rocks to make it easier to aquascape or not. I'm probably going to cut all my SPS off their current rocks and mounting them to the new rocks to try to keep from introducing valonia. Any comments on whether I should break them up or leave them?

Oh yeah, the way the rock is now only the middle piece is touching the overflow. None of the rest touches the tank anywhere, so I should have good flow around and through the rock.

Back