90 gallon build.

Superglue, Epoxy, and peppermint shrimp. If they haven't spread yet throw the whole rock in the trash. I hate those things with a passion.

It's looking good though.

If you were able to get Rooto or the Main Line cleaner from Home Depot mixed with RODI water, into a syringe that would be the best bet. I'd wear gloves and glasses when mixing.

However I would not mix up pure Sodium Hydroxide (Lye) and water unless you REALLY knew what you were doing.

Came up on a few newer mp40s and a Reeflink. I've been fighting with that thing since 11am..

Browser on laptop wouldn't let me set the lighting schedule, app wouldn't let me set the schedule..

Was finally able to do it with the browser on my phone.

So, since I've been able to be up and moving around, I'm back on my maintenance and all. Everything is looking great, aiptasia is still out of control. Added a tiny file fish. He's still settling in but I have faith in him. Some of the zoa's I had had died back, they are coming back strong, some newer palys I added are growing out fast, nems are looking better than ever.

Attachments

• 20220211_201422.jpg
    20220211_201422.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220211_201437.jpg
    20220211_201437.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220211_134256.jpg
    20220211_134256.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 8
After many hours and a lot of frustrating moments, I finally got both vortechs and both radions programed to the reeflink. Whew...

That's a massive hassle.

So, I'm back in the hobby after many many many years of being gone. I've seen some familiar names on recent posts and even BoD members.

A small handful of you might remember me from a long time ago. So, to you. Hi! Glad to see you all again, hope all is well.

To all the new guys, glad to see you all as well, hope to get to know you!

So, many moons ago, my right hand man and best friend was also a member here (CR500_AF), sadly he passed away last year. His wife graciously let me have his old 90 gallon setup. So, that's why we are here. Going to start working on it soon.

For what we have this far.

90 gallon AGA with basic canopy and stand.
Oceanic sump.
2 Mp40 powerheads (have to replace both wetsides)
Swc 160 skimmer (have to replace the atman pump)
Heaters galore.
Working on getting the apex working, brain might be toast.
Mag pump for return.
Handfull of LED lights, not sure what works yet.
Odds and ends here and there. Still have to clean stuff and all that jazz!

So, what I need help with,

What all has changed in the last few years?!? When I got out, cone skimmers were pretty new still, maybe a couple years old.
What's up old friend. (This is gilley) I'm just getting back in the hobby also. Glad to see a familiar face..

Yet another issue.

Skimmer cup won't come out of the stand from the sump.. has a drain line.

Ooooooor....

I use the Classic space saving octopus my brother sent me today..

Anyone got an opinion or review of either?

One is a SWC160 and the other is a Reef Octopus 150IntSS
6b9fd0c130f7713548b905bd09d76ff9.jpg
fa4965ff8397d5c415521527ab147b82.jpg
Idk but which ever you go with you should sell me the other

Ok, last update was a few months ago.

So, filefish has gotten huge and completely rid the tank of aiptasia!

Bubble algae is the new issue and damn what an issue it is.

Can you imagine a Chinese pump for this skimmer quit after only 3 months? I know right.m unheard of.

So, have a Bubble Magus Curve 5 arriving today.

I'll try and be better at updating. Life just gets in the way.

Vibrant knocked out all of my bubble algae and its been gone ever since. Just follow the instructions on the bottle until its gone.

Back