90 gallon build.

Ok, these diatoms are just annoying me to no end.

I am one to wait forever to add maintenance critters, I just don't like to think that I added something, say a diamond goby or something and not have enough to sustain them, but...

I think it's time to pick up a little bit of a CuC and get the party started, hopefully I can talk the guys/gals at the store to sell me a little bit of the nasty rubble at the bottom of the LR bins also.

Since the tank was done with rock that had came out of a dead tank and recycled, there were no worms, pods or anything. So we can start there with the rubble from a established bin at the store. Some will, some won't.. I guess we will see soon enough.

Few frags I have are doing well, seem to be stretching a little bit, so, I'll either crank up the light or possibly move them up a little.

The clowns I got from @Cook are doing fantastic. They don't seem to want to test the power heads anymore. They eat like pigs, so I can't ask for much more than that.

That's were we are today, I'll either update later today or tomorrow (yay!! My Birthday) and let you know what the result of the store visit was.

Ok, so..

Went and picked up some nass and Asteria snails to start working on the rock, glass and sand.

Bought some small pieces of rock and some rubble..

Bought one little piece of "live rock" that was simple a big GSP colony..
4e175dbd04f58b691db595874a4ed24e.jpg

So, earlier in the thread, I was talking about comparing the two skimmers I had. An octopus and the SWC, I decided to go with the SWC..

Mind you, the only things in the tank are two small clowns, couple zoa frags and some small gsp and a ass ton of diatoms..

I think it's working pretty well..
e6d55767dc49a1fe7faad74a5c104bb2.jpg

Getting ready for a water change. Everything looks happy and popping!

I was a little worried about adding the rtba since the tank is so new.. it immediately walked off the rock it was on and got more comfy I guess. It hilarious, about 645 every night, it starts to retract into the rock where it decided to hide it's foot. Clowns are starting to show an interest..

That was taken at 545. I'll update in an hour..
dcad8ebd6085e6f339cd3b8f86d29732.jpg

5b7d9f48aa274610b2fb1bd13e5c23b6.jpg

I’m glad it’s not just me and @scottw who fall into these traps haha
The new tank is in my office picked her up this morning, hahaha. I had to hand shake with my wife I would keep this one. She is so cute to believe me that hand shake would hold up on court hahaha.

I would say upgrade to a 120 for sure. I always loved that size. And you said the magic word, cheap!!

I’m glad it’s not just me and @scottw who fall into these traps haha
Yeah, couldn't pull the trigger on it. Was only $200 and brand new. But that means a new stand at this insane lumber prices, re-doing all the plumbing. Just wasn't something I was up to for the time being.

Right now I'm dealing with bulldozer turbo snails, I'm remembering why I never kept them long or replenished them once they expired. Having to pick up frags and stuff almost every day.

Reworked the rock on one side, kinda made a little cave, clowns seem to dig it. Moved them zoas since they seemed to be stretching a little bit. Nem is happy and looking like it might splikt soon of all things..

Think I'm having some snails breeding in the tank, been seeing a few little tiny snails in the last few days.

Fingers crossed it's nothing bad.

Went to Reef Shac the other day and picked up a couple new additions.

Scopus Tang and a Lawnmower.
Here's a bad pic of the Scopus and not trying to find the lawnmower.

Say hello to Swim Shady
ebb99e530674539d114ed5b649abeee9.jpg

So, I have 2 snails that had a dash of HA on their shells when I got them. Between clean water and the efforts of the new additions, their shells are cleaned off.. but... They have these crazy looking bands on them.
It's only on these guys. Anyone have any clue what's going on?
I initially thought maybe they have coralline on them, but it's too perfect.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20210927_201220.jpg
    20210927_201220.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210927_201226.jpg
    20210927_201226.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 24
So, I have 2 snails that had a dash of HA on their shells when I got them. Between clean water and the efforts of the new additions, their shells are cleaned off.. but... They have these crazy looking bands on them.
It's only on these guys. Anyone have any clue what's going on?
I initially thought maybe they have coralline on them, but it's too perfect.

Thoughts?
Nice growth in these banded trochus snails 🐌:)

Been a while.. so, I updated the lights today, not a huge fan of the presets, but I insanely don't have a laptop or PC to change it, but it's fine for now.

Got a gen 1 and a gen 3 radion from a friend of mine for a hundo. I like them.

Let's play picture time..
So, earlier in this thread I was bragging about never having aiptasia. I've had all problems but that.. guess what.. bunch of aiptasia and I can pinpoint where it came from. Not going to name names, but I bought a rock from a sponsor that keeps their rock in the dark. Couldn't see it. Oh well, we can get it taken care of!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Attachments

• 20220119_210120.jpg
    20220119_210120.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220119_210134.jpg
    20220119_210134.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220119_210140.jpg
    20220119_210140.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220119_210209.jpg