About calcium

0.5 phos is really high. Sometimes little things like that get missed. 0.05 is what most must have thought you had posted and that isn't what you're saying. With all that algae and still being at 0.5 means you've got a big PO4 problem. Taking the rock out and putting it in the sun killed all the beneficial bacteria. That most likely sent the whole system into a mini cycle too so the new tank uglies started all over again.

I forgot that when I was using Reef Crystals I would get elevated calcium but 600+ is off the charts. The calcium being that high will drive issues. Have you confirmed the result with another test kit?
There gets to be a point when the alk & cal get into ionic balance and everything in the system seems to just fall into place.

Are you dosing anything like 2part yet or are you just using water changes. Posting all of you other parameters will help too. Taking your water into a store to double check your rest results is a good idea too.

Oh, and are you using filtered RODI water?

Thank you guys for all the response.
This is first time I try to ask online I never thought people really help...I m shocked that people help..
I will keep patience....n do regular big water change. Here are some pictures see the attachment

Attachments

• 61E1EB80-D053-46A0-9348-B00E06D4EAC7.jpeg
    61E1EB80-D053-46A0-9348-B00E06D4EAC7.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 6B7134ED-9650-4EFB-88F5-F9A5EFE7E3D9.jpeg
    6B7134ED-9650-4EFB-88F5-F9A5EFE7E3D9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • 82453202-FD69-46B2-BD57-5AD1FD8B3AE7.jpeg
    82453202-FD69-46B2-BD57-5AD1FD8B3AE7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
0.5 phos is really high. Sometimes little things like that get missed. 0.05 is what most must have thought you had posted and that isn't what you're saying. With all that algae and still being at 0.5 means you've got a big PO4 problem. Taking the rock out and putting it in the sun killed all the beneficial bacteria. That most likely sent the whole system into a mini cycle too so the new tank uglies started all over again.

I forgot that when I was using Reef Crystals I would get elevated calcium but 600+ is off the charts. The calcium being that high will drive issues. Have you confirmed the result with another test kit?
There gets to be a point when the alk & cal get into ionic balance and everything in the system seems to just fall into place.

Are you dosing anything like 2part yet or are you just using water changes. Posting all of you other parameters will help too. Taking your water into a store to double check your rest results is a good idea too.

Oh, and are you using filtered RODI water?
Yes I have 5 stage rodi.
I used to dose without no reason scheme product per 1 n 2 I stop now.
So u want me to put rock back again???

I didn't see that you hadn't put it back in. No don't do that.
What is your livestock? Number and kinds of fish, inverts, coral...

I have 2 conch snail
8 nas snail
1 bumble bee snail
5 turbo snail
5 margaritas snail
3 blue leg hermit
3 red leg hermit
1 cleaner srimp
1 yellow 1 purple tang
1 powder brow tang
1 mocha clown
1 viomin tang
6 demsal
1 6 line Versace

Thats a heavy bioload for 8 months in. Looks the tank is a 125, is that correct?

You said you lost some fish. Did you ever find them? If you didn't they are likely a major source of nutrients as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey what part of stone mountain are you in? There are a few people in ARC that live on the eastside as well. Me included.

My powder blue just dies just got 3 days ago....I don’t get this my old fish which I had for long back nothing hapn to them as soon as I buy new fish they dies within the few day y so??? This is my 3rd powder brown...no one even go after him no fight.still it dies...it hapn with me with some other fish as well earlier like unicorn,selfin,teomi,n kole eye..
Is there any specific period or gap to put new fish?
I always buy 2 fish atlest at a time..
This time I got yellow n powder now powder dies after 3 day...any suggestions

I'm not a tang expert but I'd say you are (at the very least) maxed out on tangs in a 125 with what you have. 4 tangs is a pretty large bioload. Add in 7 more fish and I'm surprised your nitrates aren't higher. When you started, did you start with live rock or dry rock? Live sand or dry sand? Have you tested for ammonia and nitrite? Algae can and will (and in some cases prefers to) grow using ammonia or nitrite as opposed to nitrate and phosphate (but if 0.5 phosphate is also really high). Water changes would be crucial. Check your source water to ensure your rodi is still producing 0 tds. Check your mixed saltwater for calcium levels. I really doubt its over 600. I know reef crystals/instant ocean have some issues with consistency in the past but that would be pretty crazy.

Another thing that just came to mind, how are you dealing with top off? What is the salinity of the tank? If the salinity is elevated, everything will read higher and that can kill new additions that aren't adjusted to the higher salinity.

Removing rock also removed a large part of your filter. Have to tested for ammonia? If that is present you could start loosing more fish.

Stop adding fish until you have your tank stablized. This will take some time since you've killed off most of your biological filtration and will need time for the rock to reseed.

Fish: don't add them unless they've been quarantined, treated, and are eating. The procedure in which you introduce these fish is important too.

Have you read any reef books? If not, pick some up as you will learn a TON from them and they're a great resource to have.

I'm not a tang expert but I'd say you are (at the very least) maxed out on tangs in a 125 with what you have. 4 tangs is a pretty large bioload. Add in 7 more fish and I'm surprised your nitrates aren't higher. When you started, did you start with live rock or dry rock? Live sand or dry sand? Have you tested for ammonia and nitrite? Algae can and will (and in some cases prefers to) grow using ammonia or nitrite as opposed to nitrate and phosphate (but if 0.5 phosphate is also really high). Water changes would be crucial. Check your source water to ensure your rodi is still producing 0 tds. Check your mixed saltwater for calcium levels. I really doubt its over 600. I know reef crystals/instant ocean have some issues with consistency in the past but that would be pretty crazy.

Another thing that just came to mind, how are you dealing with top off? What is the salinity of the tank? If the salinity is elevated, everything will read higher and that can kill new additions that aren't adjusted to the higher salinity.
I just change my rodi filter is 5 stage n water come 0 tds..
I keep my salinity 1.025 now I add 5 gallon of water in 1 weak directly in to sump return it last one 1 weak I again do after 1 weak the same...after 3 weak finishes I do water change b4 that I check my ph which come 7.9.
Kh stay 9
Phospate n nitrate goes little up that’s t I change water.
Salinity goes up to 1.027 when I add new salt mix water with 1.025 n I check after 12 hr it come back to 1.025.
I bought this salt from eBay could b the reason ..??
I never check calcium of fresh mixed salt water I will do that this time..
I use live rock but few very old from one of the closing store n few new live rock.
I use live sand but I Wash it one or time to get dust out.currently all the rock is out due to algae this time I will put little less rock...I have 120 pound but I will cut off atlest 40 pound...
It’s 125 gallon n personally I hate to see empty tank so I keep addin fish.i like more fish

I just change my rodi filter is 5 stage n water come 0 tds..
I keep my salinity 1.025 now I add 5 gallon of water in 1 weak directly in to sump return it last one 1 weak I again do after 1 weak the same...after 3 weak finishes I do water change b4 that I check my ph which come 7.9.
Kh stay 9
Phospate n nitrate goes little up that’s t I change water.
Salinity goes up to 1.027 when I add new salt mix water with 1.025 n I check after 12 hr it come back to 1.025.
I bought this salt from eBay could b the reason ..??
I never check calcium of fresh mixed salt water I will do that this time..
I use live rock but few very old from one of the closing store n few new live rock.
I use live sand but I Wash it one or time to get dust out.currently all the rock is out due to algae this time I will put little less rock...I have 120 pound but I will cut off atlest 40 pound...
It’s 125 gallon n personally I hate to see empty tank so I keep addin fish.i like more fish

With that little rock and that many fish in the tank you have a ticking ammonia bomb ready to go off at any time.
You NEED to get a SeaChem Ammonia Badge in there ASAP. If ammonia starts going up you will need to neutralize it before it starts burning the fish's gills. Once that happens that damage is done and the fish will start dying. If the readings are high you will also need to get the fish into another cycled tank. That may mean in another members tank or back to the store.
I hate to say it, but the best option at this point might be to reboot the whole system. Getting the livestock out of there alive is going to be much better than a complete crash.

With that little rock and that many fish in the tank you have a ticking ammonia bomb ready to go off at any time.
You NEED to get a SeaChem Ammonia Badge in there ASAP. If ammonia starts going up you will need to neutralize it before it starts burning the fish's gills. Once that happens that damage is done and the fish will start dying. If the readings are high you will also need to get the fish into another cycled tank. That may mean in another members tank or back to the store.
I hate to say it, but the best option at this point might be to reboot the whole system. Getting the livestock out of there alive is going to be much better than a complete crash.
What if I put some rock in , currently I have 3 big chunk allready in and 2 big one in sump refugium..

Maybe there is a member that has a marine pure block to loan him, one that has bacteria in it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back