About calcium

Where are you located? Number one thing I think is to check ammonia, number 2 is if it's high get it down. I have test kits, Prime, Stabilty and a bit of cycled matrix.

What if I put some rock in , currently I have 3 big chunk allready in and 2 big one in sump refugium..
Rock doesn't start filtering as soon as it's put into a system. It takes weeks for the bacteria to colonize it. Getting some rock or a Marine Pure block that is seasoned from an active system will work. You can also buy "Live Rock" from a fish store. The general rule is 1 pound of rock per gallon of display volume. It can vary some and it all doesn't have to be in the display but you're going to want 90-110 pounds of rock in that system. It looks like you might have 40-50 pounds now, but it's hard to tell from the pics.

It's tough to know exactly what you need without seeing it and knowing what all of your parameters are. BioSpira will help but you need more rock in there. And you don't want to put the algae covered rock back in. That rock will need to be cleaned first, that takes a while too. Do you have more clean dry rock?
A test for Ammonia is the most important thing right now.

Steve, he's in Stone Mtn.

My all the rock is clean n allready ready...I did not put it in coz was worried that the algae will grow again n looks ugly....after I put it in it’s so Hard to clean algae from it...that’s y I was resisting to put in.

My all the rock is clean n allready ready...I did not put it in coz was worried that the algae will grow again n looks ugly....after I put it in it’s so Hard to clean algae from it...that’s y I was resisting to put in.
Its a real possibility that it still has a good amount of organics in/on it. Best bet would be an acid bath then a long cure in heated, circulated saltwater. That's tough when you have livestock in the tank.

As stated, testing for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate should be done asap. I'd bet you are dealing with spikes in all right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If it's not new Marco rock then no, do not put it in.

How about this. Post up some pics of the rock you want to use. One of the pics should be a close up.

Its a real possibility that it still has a good amount of organics in/on it. Best bet would be an acid bath then a long cure in heated, circulated saltwater. That's tough when you have livestock in the tank.

As stated, testing for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate should be done asap. I'd bet you are dealing with spikes in all right now.

Here is my test result of phospate,ammonia,nitrate
See the attachment

Attachments

• 28152604-0FEB-4567-ACC5-12DABEE8957B.jpeg
    28152604-0FEB-4567-ACC5-12DABEE8957B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
Looks like there's a good bit of dead organics on that rock. That stuff will decay in the tank and pollute it. Once rock is in that state it takes a while to clean. It needs to be soaked in Bleach water for a week or more. Then rinsed thoroughly followed by sitting in saltwater for several more weeks.

I'm not too familiar with API tests but taking a pic of the vials with the reference card behind them helps.

Looks like there's a good bit of dead organics on that rock. That stuff will decay in the tank and pollute it. Once rock is in that state it takes a while to clean. It needs to be soaked in Bleach water for a week or more. Then rinsed thoroughly followed by sitting in saltwater for several more weeks.

I'm not too familiar with API tests but taking a pic of the vials with the reference card behind them helps.
Just for clarification, soak it in a separate container of saltwater, not your tank.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Umm, yea. A brute can, storage tub. Just as long as there's been no chemicals in it. But not your display tank or sump. lol

This curing process helps season rock and get rid of the organics that are present in natural rock. BRS recommends buying the rock first and starting the cure so once you have all your equipment (in a year) the rock is ready. In reality, i think that's overkill and generally unrealistic on how people operate but still probably a "best" practice. I cured my rock for around 2 months after it soaked in bleach for maybe 2 weeks then in rodi with prime for another month after. As is always the case in reefing, patience is key. Nothing happens quickly in this hobby (if it's good anyway).

Hey @Reef Rambo I'm out of town right now but could come by on Friday to check out your system, talk about it and get you a biobrick that I've had in my sump for a few months. That should help jumpstart the natural bacteria cycle. If your interested, DM me your location. I live in Stone Mtn off Hambrick Rd.

Umm, yea. A brute can, storage tub. Just as long as there's been no chemicals in it. But not your display tank or sump. lol

Is there a way to clean out a container that has had some chemicals in it? or is it unusable? i have a couple of old brute cans at work but im not sure if they have had anything chemically in them.

I have the container so I can soak them..my question is bleach can clean them but also no matter how long I soak that some bleach will stays on it. When I put that back in the tank it can kill my animal....because after all it’s bleach??how would I will sure that it’s now harmful n ready after I soak??

Can you do a pic of the algae under white??? I’m having trouble seeing exactly what it is you’re dealing with. The bubbles almost make me think dinoflagellates, but I can’t see under that blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you do a pic of the algae under white??? I’m having trouble seeing exactly what it is you’re dealing with. The bubbles almost make me think dinoflagellates, but I can’t see under that blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See the attachment what kind a problem I m talakin abt

Attachments

• 6B27DE25-D092-45BA-A31F-B687F5443CF6.jpeg
    6B27DE25-D092-45BA-A31F-B687F5443CF6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 72ADC00E-319A-43EE-BB45-71CCCF937ED3.jpeg
    72ADC00E-319A-43EE-BB45-71CCCF937ED3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Back