ACIII or ACIII Pro user- help and idiot (me)

Steve;336574 wrote: Here's ya answer Jeremy... http://tinyurl.com/dz6wao">http://tinyurl.com/dz6wao</a>[/QUOTE]

puh-leez. All that did was bring up 8 million web pages that I dont understand.

Its gonna have to boil down to:

Who wants to take a road trip up to Blue Ridge to get some frags? For a [I]small</em> service?

Jeremy here's what I have to shut off my powerheads and pumps:

If FeedA 005 Then PM1 OFF
If FeedA 005 Then PM2 OFF

Based on my extensive 2 weeks of experience :eek:, Id set something like the following commands for the SMP timer.

If Time &gt; 00:00 Then SMP ON

This will ensure that it's basically always on.

Then for your feeding timer if you want it to shut off for say 5 minutes:
If FeedA 005 Then SMP OFF

Meaning if FeedA event is selected but the user, it will occur for 5 minutes and the outcome is that the sump will be turned off for that duration.

I saw the 000 time command in the instructions too which made absolutely no sense to me and it was one of the first things I gutted.

But, there is a whole other system menu for feed timer duration. Thats what I dont get. I guess Ill just have to fiddle.

Yeah I don't get that either. When I update the feed time via the modem/misc tab of the program editor in aquanotes it doesn't rewrite the commands in the program itself but it did change the feed cycle when I ran it.

I think you still need to setup which specific timers are to be turned off when each feed event executes in the instructions, but it looks like the default feed time interval overrides any specific instructions in the commands. I'm really really hoping that the full version of aquanotes has some better documentation but I'm not holding my breath.

if any one needs help networking equipment i will be happy to come over and help i can do everything including the DNS in like 20-30mins i will also help you get rid of spy ware and virus's for anyone who needs the help

ares;334009 wrote: yes.

probably comes with an ethernet cord, or buy one at bestbuy.

thats all you will need for hardware. the rest is software.

then you point your browser to 192.168.2.1 and you should get a screen that says belkin router setup. left side of the screen you'll see 1 link that says virtual servers. click it, itll ask you for the password, you dont have one, just hit submit.

page should look like this

router.jpg
alt="" />

you'll have to type in that stuff I have typed, as yours will be blank by default. and ignore the utorrent part, thats something else.

80 is for telnet(iphone) 23 is for the webserver. doesnt really matter if you know what this last sentence means, just make your page look like mine.

good news is, I have a belkin router also. so I can hopefully help you out a bit... though I dont use a wireless bridge, so hopefully that doesnt complicate things.

OK, I got to this page, but the port entries dont look the same. There are two boxes seperated by a dash, and it wont allow me to enter a 80 or 23, without entering something else in the other box. Any ideas?

And one more question- do I need Aquanotes (full version) to make the iphone app work? Ive gotten to the point where when I type in the IP for the AC3 onto my browser, I get the AC3, but I cant get the iphone to find it. It tells me it was unable to connect and asks if I need a firmware upgrade.

jmaneyapanda;348806 wrote: And one more question- do I need Aquanotes (full version) to make the iphone app work? Ive gotten to the point where when I type in the IP for the AC3 onto my browser, I get the AC3, but I cant get the iphone to find it. It tells me it was unable to connect and asks if I need a firmware upgrade.

Just got my AC3 working yesterday. I am using a Linksys wireless gaming adaptor. From what I was told you need aquanotes to receive email alerts. I am patiently waiting to get mine working also. Being you have an iphone Im not sure what additional programmong you would need but their is loads of info on Reef Central. FWIW, Mike (Molson) from ARC came over and programmed mine yesterday so if you have any questions PM him. He seems to have a good handle on it.

James S.;348818 wrote: Just got my AC3 working yesterday. I am using a Linksys wireless gaming adaptor. From what I was told you need aquanotes to receive email alerts. I am patiently waiting to get mine working also. Being you have an iphone Im not sure what additional programmong you would need but their is loads of info on Reef Central. FWIW, Mike (Molson) from ARC came over and programmed mine yesterday so if you have any questions PM him. He seems to have a good handle on it.

Im another 30 minutes from you!!!

Heres the deal, anyone who wants to travel up to Blue Ridge, will get two free frags, pizza, and beer, for their service. Im a computer invalid.

Let me consult the wife I may be able to make a run up on a weekend here soon. Sounds like you've got it already accessible on your local network which takes 50% of the possible headaches out of the way.

As far as I know, yes, I do. However, Im still sickeningly confused about this whole Dns static dynamic, niner five eleventeen stuff and things.

Mike, I'd be willing to make a run up there with you on Sunday... I wanna see the tank anyway.

Steve;348915 wrote: Mike, I'd be willing to make a run up there with you on Sunday... I wanna see the tank anyway.

That would work for me but would have to be in the morning.

Back